Esteemed Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth - Too much plastic surgery??

Is no one reading what I wrote?  I said "IF I spent a lot of money".  I don't feel betrayed because I don,t buy these overpriced products.

Frequent Contributor

I think he looks great.  

But that aside the TSV is too good to pass up.  The fact you also get a full size Firm X Peeling Gel in future orders is fantastic.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

I can't comment on whether "he did or he didn't".  I don't use these products and don't believe I've ever watched a full presentation of PTR so I have nothing to compare.

Upon tuning in, I thought the man working with Leah was "Walker, Texas Ranger" ~ that's how much I know about these skin care lines. : )

Congrats to him on his weight loss ~

Respected Contributor

OMG!  I just clicked the TSV video.  He looks THIRTY years younger!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Good grief...I thought someone would discuss the products but there are a couple just discussing his LOOKS.

Trusted Contributor

Losing a lot of weight can dramatically impact the way a person looks. To me he looks healthy and happy.

Trusted Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

OMG!  I just clicked the TSV video.  He looks THIRTY years younger!

Initially I thought WOW, how nice that PTR has his son working with him.  Then I realized that, OMG, that's actually him! Amazing transformation from the weight loss.  He looks so much younger. Amazing what weight loss will do?  Don't think he had anything done.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Is no one reading what I wrote?  I said "IF I spent a lot of money".  I don't feel betrayed because I don,t buy these overpriced products.

I read what you wrote and even commented on it in a reply to your reply to Tinkrbl.

The fact that you don't use it doesn't matter. You still said that IF you did use it, you would feel betrayed if he had had cosmetic surgery.

That's what Tink and others object to because, like me, they believe that skin care is still important regardless of procedures. One doesn't substitute for the other.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth - Too much plastic surgery??,

@jennijenni wrote:
I just think it's odd that he doesn't own it, ESPECIALLY when the hostess has mentioned how great he looks. He's in the business of skincare, beauty, and looking better, so why wouldn't he cop to the work he's had done like Joan rivers used to. nothing wrong w getting any kind of work done, but it seems kind of odd if he's selling things to make people look better, yet HE doesn't rely solely upon his own products to make him look better.

Actually, after plastic surgery, good skin care is vital.

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

If I had spent a lot of money on outrageously overpriced skin care products that promise me younger looking skin and then found out that the creator or vendor for those products had undergone plastic surgery I would also feel very betrayed.  The same comments were made when it became obvious that Dr. Danese had gone under the knife.  These vendors sell a bill of goods about what their product lines can do to stave off the natural effects of aging.

I had plastic surgery and the doctor stressed the importance of good skin care post surgery....it really isn't relative if the creator of a line had surgery or not.  If it's a good product for you, good, use it.  I don't think any vendor ever made a claim a product would do for you, what plastic surgery would do....but after plastic surgery, skin is delicate, open to severe sun damage, hypersensitivity or lack of sensitivity.