Frequent Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Retinol special

@Abcdm wrote:

The product is watered down 

look and the indredient order water before retinol in the bigger size

i already asked customer service. And it is a water down version of the 1ounce size

This is what I was thinking when comparing the ingredients that QVC has listed, but if you  go to PTR's website and click on  the 1oz.  bottle of retinol you will get the same ingredient order as the jumbo one here

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE, WATER/AQUA/EAU, RETINOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, BISABOLOL, LECITHIN, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, ALCOHOL

However if you click on the ingredients at PTR website for the travel size you will get same ingredients for the travel size  that QVC has listed for there  1oz.

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE, RETINOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER (AQUA), PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, LECITHIN, BISABOLOL, ALCOHOL.

Seems like the only formula with Retinol listed 3rd. is for the PTR travel size according to his ingredient deck on his website. I wonder why that is?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everybody,

I reached out to Peter Thomas Roth and asked whether there is in fact a difference in formulation between the Mega and the 1oz size.  They told me the products are the same;  Here is a copy of their response:

"

Thank you for your inquiry concerning the 1oz Retinol Fusion PM Serum and the 6.7oz Retinol Fusion PM Serum ingredient lists. With your help, it came to our attention that the 1oz Retinol Fusion PM Serum ingredient list was not posted on QVC.com with the updated ingredient list. This is now in process of being rectified.

The 1oz size and 6.7oz size Retinol Fusion PM have the same formula and same concentration of ingredients. The ingredients are as follows: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE, WATER/AQUA/EAU, RETINOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, BISABOLOL, LECITHIN, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, ALCOHOL.

Thank you very much for reaching out and assisting us!"

Regular Contributor

PTR """"""""HE TEST ON ANIMALS""""""" I GAVE AWAY MY RETINOL ONCE I FOUND THIS OUT...ANIMALS DESERVE LOVE NOT ABUSE.....

Trusted Contributor

@ACB001 wrote:

Hi Lakeshore gal, yours is a legitimate question.  My understanding is that they have changed the dispensing mechanism. There is no dropper in the Mega size.  Instead, they use an air-restrictive dispenser. The latter should prevent the air sensitive ingredients from oxidation (which degrades the product).  The bottle is also opaque, which protects the light sensitive ingredients from light.

Thank you for your response to Lakeshore gal.  I have been transferring my Retinol Fusion to airless spray bottles and hesitated when considering the mega size offered on Q.  Though safer and an effective method of preventing oxidation, evaporation, contamination etc it seems a shame to throw away those beautiful cobalt blue bottles.  The only airtight spray containers I found are clear and I had to wrap them in opaque contact paper.  

If the mega dispenser is relatively air tight the sale price is even more impressive!

PTR has won the retinol serum war in my tiny insignificant world.  Less irritating than any of the (many) others, with better clinicals, it's become my retinol of choice once again.  I don't know if this single endorsement of PTR RF helps anyone but I know I benefit  from the practical experiences of others like @ACB001 's  kind, informative response. 

Valued Contributor

This is the problem I have with PTR.  PTR wants to continue to sell its products in China. PTR is aware China conducts animal testing for imported cosmetics.  PTR cannot say their products are not tested on animals because of China. I cannot value American animals more than Chinese animals. Although I love his products, I am no longer buying them. 

There is no need to keep testing on animals.  All chemicals have been tested. Data exists from prior animal testing.  It has all been done. New testing is unnecessary and cruel. 

I am curious how Dr Denese is able to achieve a high rating from animal protection groups . She sells in China. She must be doing something differently than PTR?  

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Super Contributor

@ACB001 wrote:

Hi Everybody,

I reached out to Peter Thomas Roth and asked whether there is in fact a difference in formulation between the Mega and the 1oz size.  They told me the products are the same;  Here is a copy of their response:

"

Thank you for your inquiry concerning the 1oz Retinol Fusion PM Serum and the 6.7oz Retinol Fusion PM Serum ingredient lists. With your help, it came to our attention that the 1oz Retinol Fusion PM Serum ingredient list was not posted on QVC.com with the updated ingredient list. This is now in process of being rectified.

The 1oz size and 6.7oz size Retinol Fusion PM have the same formula and same concentration of ingredients. The ingredients are as follows: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SQUALANE, WATER/AQUA/EAU, RETINOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, BISABOLOL, LECITHIN, POTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYSORBATE 20, ALCOHOL.

Thank you very much for reaching out and assisting us!"

The 2 sizes may be the same formula, but it appears different than when Paula rated it highly.  PC's website "Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Retinol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Alcohol."

Frequent Contributor

There is a special on Peter's PM serum, two 3.5 oz. bottles for $114.00 with easy pay and free shipping.  For some reason I am not allowed or can't see any of the reviews (on anything), so I thought I would ask here.

Is it going to help a plus 70 y/o or should I save my $$$$?

Thank you in advance!

Valued Contributor

I'm 71 and have been using it for years. His Retinol is the best.

Esteemed Contributor

@Waterwoman 

@Waterwoman wrote:

There is a special on Peter's PM serum, two 3.5 oz. bottles for $114.00 with easy pay and free shipping.  For some reason I am not allowed or can't see any of the reviews (on anything), so I thought I would ask here.

Is it going to help a plus 70 y/o or should I save my $$$$?

Thank you in advance!

I,m 84 and use his and Dr. Denese.  I always get compliments on my skin.

Frequent Contributor

It will help your skin, it is the best product I've found . I have used it for years