Honored Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firm X Eye

So in a huge moment of weakness-{#emotions_dlg.blink}---I ordered this product and then had second thoughts and rushed back to cancel the order---too late, of course, it had shipped already---(wow). So it came to me in record time and I have to admit--it actually does the job!!! I have puffy under eyes--always have since I was a kid, so nothing but surgery will fix that. I am 59; 60 in a few weeks and still have the puffy bags but now with crinkles under them. Not wrinkles or lines, just crinkles. I used this stuff as per directed and the angels sang---it worked at smoothing out those crinkles and lasted until I took my makeup off at night. And you only need the tiniest amount as PTR said. So with a little more practice, I will get good at the application. You can't put an eye cream on first, has to be clean and dry and no liquid can be put on top, just powder but I use a powder concealer like bisque anyway. Looks really good. I am amazed!!!

Just FYI!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firm X Eye

Dr Oz claims to use this product and loves it!!!

Trusted Contributor

I appreciate the review! I just worry about the skin looking dehydrated without an eye cream. Would not the lack of a cream and addition of powder look even more dry or wrinkly? Frankly I no longer trust anything that Dr Oz says, or rather, is paid to say. Zero credibility!
Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2014 Jerseygirl1266 said: I appreciate the review! I just worry about the skin looking dehydrated without an eye cream. Would not the lack of a cream and addition of powder look even more dry or wrinkly? Frankly I no longer trust anything that Dr Oz says, or rather, is paid to say. Zero credibility!

This is one I dont think he was paid to endorse. I saw his show that day, and it was just something he brought up on his own, dont think it was a planned topic of discussion.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/26/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 4/26/2014 Jerseygirl1266 said: I appreciate the review! I just worry about the skin looking dehydrated without an eye cream. Would not the lack of a cream and addition of powder look even more dry or wrinkly? Frankly I no longer trust anything that Dr Oz says, or rather, is paid to say. Zero credibility!

This is one I dont think he was paid to endorse. I saw his show that day, and it was just something he brought up on his own, dont think it was a planned topic of discussion.

Thx. No offense intended it was just a general commentary on Dr. Oz.
Honored Contributor

OK back to the eye firm---BTW--I totally agree with the Dr Oz comments!!! I don't watch him.

I don't find my eye area looking dried out at all. I moisturize that area at night, with good eye cream and this stuff is a gel so there is some moisture to it. I don't usually pile on the powder stuff around that area anyway, just a very light dusting. I use a concealer in the area of my eye near the tear ducts and not under my eye as that would just accentuate the bags Wore it again yesterday and even my daughter said I looked more rested than usual. It doesn't dry hard as a rock either, just evens and smooths it all out. It will leave a white residue if you put it on too heavily but a wet cotton swab will fix that.

Respected Contributor

I can't believe the difference this makes in the bags under my eyes and I actually came to ask a question, but I think it has been answered--it says you can use your regular skin care after it dries, but if I put moisturizer on in that area, it seems to negate the effects of it--is that right?

I'm also finding I need just a touch more than 'very little'. I'm not globbing it on for sure and I only use a pea size drop for both eyes, my 'elevens' and my marionnette lines by my mouth.  A little definitely goes a long way!!

Respected Contributor

Have you looked in the mirror after it dries and tried out all kinds of expressions to see how it looks then? I tried one of these products--not PTR--and it was great as long as I didn't move any facial muscles. As soon as I smiled or frowned, it was very apparent I had something on my face. Either the skin looked pulled or puckery or I had far more crinkles/lines than I would normally. If it passes the expression test, I'll postpone my beauty product purchase moratorium to get it.

Honored Contributor

This thread is 6 years old.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This thread is 6 years old.

Didn't realize that.