Regular Contributor

Does anyone else have a problem with Perfect Formula thickening in the bottle after a few uses?  Is there some way to remedy this?  Aside from this, I like the product and would buy it again if it wasn't for this trait.  Input??

Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula Nail Gel

Yes.My brush also broke so the product was useless.

Trusted Contributor

I tried to like it but it made my nails peel.

Respected Contributor

Yes I did notice this when I tried the product some years ago.  I added a few drops of nail polish thinner.  

Now I use Pink Armor Nail Gel.  It is similar and costs much less--$10 a bottle.  I've seen it in drugstores and on Amazon.

Frequent Contributor

I haven't had a problem with the Perfect Formula thickening in the bottle.  I love this product!  I always had problem nails.  They would peel.  If they grew, they would break before they got to a nice workable length.  And because my nails are small, having them grow  would have been so nice!  But I use this religiously - every 6 days or so I remove the polish with a non-acetone polish remover.  And then put 2 coats of polish on - usually pink gel coat but sometimes 1 coat pink gel coat and 1 coat color - and all Perfect Formula product.  No other polish has worked so well for me!  And I've been using this for close to 2 years.

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately I get 2, maybe 3 uses, out of a bottle, then it begins to thicken up and when that happens, it tends to peel off very easily.  I haven't bought it in a while for this reason. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I get much better results from Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Treatment,  gold bottle, gold top.

Honored Contributor

I've been using it for atleast five years.  It works great when I use it, but I'm not consistent.  I haven't had any bottles that thickened.  I store polishes in a box and one tipped over, so it was stored cap down.  I couldn't get it open, so I took the pliers and ended up breaking the cap.

Valued Contributor

The polish did thicken before I was even half way through the bottle. And the brush broke, so it was then useless. 

Respected Contributor

It does thicken on me but only when I have maybe 20% left in the bottle. But it does such a good job for me that I just deal with it.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012