Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse The lab direct on shop LC.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I know, I use a bunch of them too but I enjoy a good peptide party on my face and convince myself that I'm covering all the bases.  I'm not educated enough to know what each one does individually, but I may for a couple.  I'm just choosing to believe they're good for encouraging collagen production, plumping, and firming, so all are welcome. 

@JeanLouiseFinch I love it! A peptide party! I'm going to be using your term from here on out. Lol

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee a few more random questions for you about peptides and other things.  Good thing you are kind-hearted and don't charge us for your wealth of information!  lol I apologize if you've given this information elsewhere on the boards.  I have read so much, that I am cross-eyed.  I just want to double check some things...

1)  You store your unopened bottles of vitamin C serum in the refrigerator right?  And it will be good for around 3 years?

2)  Since the Power Boost serum doesn't contain L-ascorbic acid, Matrixyl serums are okay to use right over it, since the PH's are similar, right?

3)  If I wanted to try the Ordinary Argireline serum, many websites say it becomes ineffective over vitamin C, but again...that is only the L-ascorbic acid form, correct?  

4) And finally, I read some research from Texas A&M that says collagen powders are basically ruined if stirred into a hot beverage like coffee.  But everywhere else and every single collagen powder supplement label I've read says to stir it into a hot beverage. What are your thoughts?

Thank you so much, and I hope you're having a great day!  I actually meant to get on here earlier this morning to ask you these things, but we thought we were going to have to get a new washer so were dealing with that.  Thankfully, unplugging it for 60 seconds reset the motherboard, so there were sighs of relief happening over here!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee a few more random questions for you about peptides and other things.  Good thing you are kind-hearted and don't charge us for your wealth of information!  lol I apologize if you've given this information elsewhere on the boards.  I have read so much, that I am cross-eyed.  I just want to double check some things...

1)  You store your unopened bottles of vitamin C serum in the refrigerator right?  And it will be good for around 3 years?

2)  Since the Power Boost serum doesn't contain L-ascorbic acid, Matrixyl serums are okay to use right over it, since the PH's are similar, right?

3)  If I wanted to try the Ordinary Argireline serum, many websites say it becomes ineffective over vitamin C, but again...that is only the L-ascorbic acid form, correct?  

4) And finally, I read some research from Texas A&M that says collagen powders are basically ruined if stirred into a hot beverage like coffee.  But everywhere else and every single collagen powder supplement label I've read says to stir it into a hot beverage. What are your thoughts?

Thank you so much, and I hope you're having a great day!  I actually meant to get on here earlier this morning to ask you these things, but we thought we were going to have to get a new washer so were dealing with that.  Thankfully, unplugging it for 60 seconds reset the motherboard, so there were sighs of relief happening over here!  Smiley Happy

@Ainhisg 

Thank you for itemizing your questions...LOL! That makes it easier to answer them in the right order.Woman LOL

Here we go...

1)  The Lab Direct Power Punch VC Serum has a shelf life of 2 years. That was verified by David himself via email. Placing it in the fridge won't extend that beyond the 2 years but it will help the product from any possible deterioration caused from fluctuations in temp and protect it from light.

2)  Yes, Matrixyl as well as any other peptide can be used with the Power Punch b/c of the neutral pH.

3)  Same as above.

4)  It takes temperatures of 300'F and higher to denature collagen. Much hotter than anything you would consume.

Respected Contributor

Re: Peptide Overload?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  Perfect!  I am going to screen shot your answers!  Thank you so, so, so much, and I hope you have a very blessed day!