New Contributor

Thank you for the great advice

Honored Contributor

@Ldaly wrote:

Thank you for the great advice

@Ldaly

I ordered facial cleanser on Cyber Monday and the package arrived today, beautifully packaged with two samples of 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant.

If you decide to try something I hope you enjoy it!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
New Contributor

Does anyone know if we are going to get a Paula's Choice TSV in 2019?

Respected Contributor
She hasn't had A TSV that I have seen in a long time.
I use her products. Mainly 2% BHA, Sunscreen for oily combo, Lip Balm and some AHA products. I do like these products very much. Will not go without that lip balm!!!!
Contributor

I have used Paula's Choice since the late 80's, after reading her book about what chemicals are in skin care products, etc.

Paula Begoun was a consumer advocate and criticised coporate greed for making cosmetics as toxic as they are, as expensive as they are,etc..

She devised a skin care line that was as economical and safe as possible and  with NO animal testing..

And I was very happy with her products...

Not knowing that Paula sold her company, I continued to use her products but noticed a change in the quality....

Paula sold her company to TA Associates, a private equity firm which is involved in investments...

She is no longer involved with her company...

Paula's Choice may say they are cruelty free after being bought out but I can only surmise that TA Associates care only about the bottom line and that won't include being cruelty free!

The formulas have changed and not for the better...

If I am interested in a cosmetic product, I have learned to google who owns the company and what are their policies (especially no animal testing and are their products sold to China, which requires animal testing) before buying...

In my opinion, another skin care line has "bit the dust"....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice

[ Edited ]

@Neversaynever3dogs - After reading your post, I checked 3 sites and they still have PC as cruelty free.

Honored Contributor

Check out Paula's site: Last day of 20% off products. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs wrote:

I have used Paula's Choice since the late 80's, after reading her book about what chemicals are in skin care products, etc.

Paula Begoun was a consumer advocate and criticised coporate greed for making cosmetics as toxic as they are, as expensive as they are,etc..

She devised a skin care line that was as economical and safe as possible and  with NO animal testing..

And I was very happy with her products...

Not knowing that Paula sold her company, I continued to use her products but noticed a change in the quality....

Paula sold her company to TA Associates, a private equity firm which is involved in investments...

She is no longer involved with her company...

Paula's Choice may say they are cruelty free after being bought out but I can only surmise that TA Associates care only about the bottom line and that won't include being cruelty free!

The formulas have changed and not for the better...

If I am interested in a cosmetic product, I have learned to google who owns the company and what are their policies (especially no animal testing and are their products sold to China, which requires animal testing) before buying...

In my opinion, another skin care line has "bit the dust"....

@Neversaynever3dogs   @riley1   I am very disappointed that you chose to post that Paula's Choice is no longer cruelty free without checking.  It's still Leaping Bunny certified.  I checked their website to make sure before posting this.  People will read your post and believe it.  I suggest you edit your post to reflect that it is Leaping Bunny certified.  It's one brand that I feel good about using for that reason.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice

[ Edited ]

@NickNack - Here is what I wrote:  After reading your post, I checked 3 sites and they still have PC as cruelty free.

I did not say they were not CF. Have a nice day!

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@NickNack - Please reread what I posted:  After reading your post, I checked 3 sites and they still have PC as cruelty free.

I did not say they were not CF. Have a nice day!

@riley1   I should have notified you a different way.  I completely understood that you said you had checked two places.  I was agreeing with you.  I just tagged you because you had replied to the other poster.  I'm sorry you were offended.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau