Regular Contributor

I listened to 2 full presenttions of the TSV, but my question was still not answered.. Here I go.. 

Paula stated these products are for "any" skin type.. With that said if someone has dry, sensitive, rosacea skin (such as myself) should these be slowly introduced, can they be used on someone with my skin type?

I would love to try her products.. There seems to be some "strong" ingredients and I would think there could possibly be a problem for some skin types?

Any ideas?

Thank you.. 

Respected Contributor
I have dry sensitive skin that reddens easily. I've never had a problem using the 2% BHA once a day, and sometimes twice a day. I have introduced retinol serums and boosters very slowly. But in terms of her moisturizers with retinol in them, I've used them on a daily basis from the get-go and haven't had a problem.
Valued Contributor

BHA is actually a good product for rosacea and is more gentle than AHA. I've used the retinol serum for about 2 years and its been gentle enough to even use in the AM. However, don't know how it interacts with rosacea. Her website has a lot of info on rosacea if you visit it.

Frequent Contributor

I have Psoriasis and I cannot use any product that contains retinol in it.  It is way too much on my super dry, sensitive skin.

Occasional Contributor

I honestly think that if you have moderate rosacea, you really need to start off slowly with Paula's products and start off with one of her 1% BHA products and her Calm line for dry skin. Then work your way up to try a retinol serum like her Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Serum. Her customer service reps are awesome and I'd recommend calling the 800 number and ask them if they can send you some samples first.

Frequent Contributor

I have used this BHA 2% and this moisterizer for months now and love them. I can use them am and pm, but you doo need sunscreen with this moisterizer. I pre-ordered this TSV and found I need to add the serum slowly. I got a little carried away with it because it is so silky. I am using it every other day at night right now and will work my way up to everyday. I was thrilled with this TSV since it was what I use everyday...except for the serum. Just add things slowly if you have not used them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice ?

[ Edited ]

I have dry sensitive skin and I use these. I do not have Rosacea, but I do get a lot of redness and irritation from a variety of other things.

Whenever I start a new BHA/AHA or retinol, I follow the same rules I did when I used Retin A for acne when I was a teenager. I started off using it morning OR night (not both) twice a week, then worked up to every other day, then worked up to every day. Take a week or two before you step up each time and wait to see how your skin responds each time. If I use peels or chemical exfoliants too often, I can get dry, scaly patches on my chin. Paula's Choice 2% BHA doesn't do that to me, even if I use it every day.

If you're really concerned, which I appreciate, the Paula's Choice website has a LOT of information about Rosacea and you can call her customer service reps and get advice over the phone - then buy the TSV here for the great deal. You can also check out her special line of products just for people with redness or Rosacea. The line is called Calm and I have a few products from that line that I like, including the Calm Redness Relief Repairing Serum and the Calm Redness Relief Toner. She also has a 1% BHA liquid in the Calm line, which is a 

QVC Social Team

@DannysWife wrote:

I listened to 2 full presenttions of the TSV, but my question was still not answered.. Here I go.. 

Paula stated these products are for "any" skin type.. With that said if someone has dry, sensitive, rosacea skin (such as myself) should these be slowly introduced, can they be used on someone with my skin type?

I would love to try her products.. There seems to be some "strong" ingredients and I would think there could possibly be a problem for some skin types?

Any ideas?

Thank you.. 

Hello @DannysWife - conditions like Rosacea are medical conditions and we cannot address them on air. We always advise that you consult your physician. Hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

I want to thank each of you for your VERY HELPFUL responses to my question(s).. I so appreciate when a question is posted and there is no judging or harsh words spoken in response.. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

I did purchase the Paula's Choice TSV and my regret is that I didn't purchase on Auto Delivery.. I incorporated the products slowly and do not use everyday (yet).. I'm now looking for one of her moisturizers for day use.. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Super Contributor
@DannysWife I love her skin recovery moisturizer for day use. I don't like the SPF version of it so I have just started layering skinn's daily defense SPF 30 over it. It's a great combo for my dry sensitive skin.