Super Contributor

Smile SQ3, hi!

I couldn't reach Nanci to get an answer to this question. However, I'm confident you'll know.

On my last order I got the Multi-Active Accelerator Oily/Acne Skin (formerly CP Accelerator), thinking it was the same as the Multi-Active Matrixyl Serum 25%. I thought the former would be good for my oil-prone skin and was basically a less-potent version of the latter.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have just ordered the Matrixyl Serum 25%.

Your thoughts please?

Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2014 azterry! said:

Suzy,

I'm I glad I saw you here.

I got my Paula's choice 4% Foam and I just had to tell you the results are remarkable. My pores look much tighter and my face has a nice clarity. I used to have very oily skin, but it's normalized somewhat with even a little dryness on my cheeks. I'm going to keep it at once per week for now to see how I do. My neck got a little irritated, so I will have to keep an eye on that.

The mascara with the unusual brush is just OK. I like a lot of lash and this is fairly subtle unless you put on multiple coats. I will use it for a base coat and I probably wouldn't buy it again.

azterry!, the neck area is weird. It's good to apply the BHA there, but if you're feeling irritation, I'd go slowly. I have that reaction to retinol. I do agree that this stuff is might good.

I didn't buy the mascara because I like my very subtle Definicils, and even then, I don't use it all that often. I know, I know. I'm strange. Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 3/23/2014 AnnMarie-1 said:

I'm looking at Hautelook, wish they had the unscented Mychelle products

I didn't see NCN Matrixyl has Aloe in it, bummer, I try & stay away from Aloe

do you both use a Vit C product daily?

I also use NCN's C. Geez, I am hearing some rave reviews for PC's C around here lately! I'm really happy with NCN's C though. I've tried several and for now remain loyal to this one. Next time I place a PC order I sure am going to request a sample.

SQ3, you haven't tried your PC C sample yet? I'll be very interested to know your thoughts on it.

BC, I'm having trouble killing my existing bottle of the NCN serum. But as soon as I do ( a few days), I will start on my trial sample of the PC. I'll definitely let you know. I doubt that it will change my mind about the NCN, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 3/23/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Smile SQ3, hi!

I couldn't reach Nanci to get an answer to this question. However, I'm confident you'll know.

On my last order I got the Multi-Active Accelerator Oily/Acne Skin (formerly CP Accelerator), thinking it was the same as the Multi-Active Matrixyl Serum 25%. I thought the former would be good for my oil-prone skin and was basically a less-potent version of the latter.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have just ordered the Matrixyl Serum 25%.

Your thoughts please?

IR136, I appreciate your confidence, but I do think you should check with Nanci or her staff. Here is the comparison of ingredients, with your serum first. It appears that the serum I have has all three forms of Matrixyl, while yours has two of the three. That may not be especially crucial, though, if you want something geared toward oily/acne skin.

Multi Active Accelerator Oily/Acne skin:

Active Ingredients: Matrixyl 3000, Pearl Powder, MSM, DMAE Bitartrate, Oat Beta Glucan, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Matrixyl Synthe'6, Carrot Seed Oil.

Inactive Ingredients: Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Blue Green Algae Extract, Vitamin E, Phenoxyethanol, Black Willowbark Extract, Rosemary Oleoresin, Neem Oil, Sodium Benzonate, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid.

Multi Active Matrixyl Serum 25%

Active Ingredients: Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 & Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (Matrixyl 3000), Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 (Matrixyl), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38 (Matrixyl Synthe'6), Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9.

Other Ingredients: De-Ionized Water, Aloe Leaf Gel, Vegetable Glycerine, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Chrysin, Hydroxysuccinimide, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-20, Polysorbate- 20, Carbomer, Optiphen.