Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yesterday I had some laser stuff done at my derm's clinic, spider vein removal. After the treatment the laser tech applied a product I never heard of...Colorescience Even Up Clinical SPF 50 Pigment Perfector Primer. Bascially it's a tinted primer with SPF and very hydrating. Contains peptides and 'calming' ingredients good for the skin. Tech said many women wear it as their foundation and like it. I say it's just okay and it did make my skin look very even and smooth but the fragrance was too much. I had to wash it off after I got home. I checked on-line for prices and reviews for that primer and the cost is $125 for 1oz. bottleWoman Surprised. Reviews were very good but that cost is just too high for me, even if I liked it.

It's on sale for 30% off on their site right now. They say it's "lightly tinted," but the color they show is several shades darker than I am, so it's a no from me at any price.

@Alison Wonderland, it was definitely not as dark as that image depicts once applied to the skin. It's a color-correcting product and also sheer so it blends well with most shades of skin. I could hardly tell that I was wearing it other than it covered the redness the laser caused...that part of the coverage was excellent for such a sheer product. Not sure how they did it  but if you can put up with the fragrance I think it's a good product.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yesterday I had some laser stuff done at my derm's clinic, spider vein removal. After the treatment the laser tech applied a product I never heard of...Colorescience Even Up Clinical SPF 50 Pigment Perfector Primer. Bascially it's a tinted primer with SPF and very hydrating. Contains peptides and 'calming' ingredients good for the skin. Tech said many women wear it as their foundation and like it. I say it's just okay and it did make my skin look very even and smooth but the fragrance was too much. I had to wash it off after I got home. I checked on-line for prices and reviews for that primer and the cost is $125 for 1oz. bottleWoman Surprised. Reviews were very good but that cost is just too high for me, even if I liked it.

It's on sale for 30% off on their site right now. They say it's "lightly tinted," but the color they show is several shades darker than I am, so it's a no from me at any price.

@Alison Wonderland, it was definitely not as dark as that image depicts once applied to the skin. It's a color-correcting product and also sheer so it blends well with most shades of skin. I could hardly tell that I was wearing it other than it covered the redness the laser caused...that part of the coverage was excellent for such a sheer product. Not sure how they did it  but if you can put up with the fragrance I think it's a good product.

Even at 30% off, that's too high for something I'm certain won't match me. I'm very fair and every tinted product that comes in only one shade I've ever tried has been a fail. They're for light to medium skin tones, not for fair or rich tones.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Coincidentally, I've only recently begun to look into primers even though I don't wear foundation (just tinted moisturizers/sunscreens).  I watched a very informative video by Pampered Wolf on YouTube that was all about primers.  Very informative.  I tried one this morning that I had received from Ulta as a gift with purchase (Smashbox - it's green to counteract redness) under my tinted sunscreen.  The application of my sunscreen was the same.  We'll see how it looks by end of day.

ETA: Well, I think we have a winner. My sunscreen stayed in place more or less the same but one unexpected bonus is that it didn't oxidize the way it usually does by the end of the day!