Regular Contributor

PETER THOMAS ROTH TSV- buyer beware!!

I was very interested in the 6oz size of PTR retinol and read all the reviews- everyone was talking about how watery it was- but that was only true on the QVC reviews. Sephora reviews didn't mention that at all. I took a look at the ingredient deck and indeed they are different. 

Here is the deck from QVC's product:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl
Palmitate, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Potassium Phosphate, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Alcohol.

And here is the deck from Sephora:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Retinol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Lechitin, Bisabolol, Alcohol.

While the indgredients are almost the same, water is the third ingredient in the QVC product and the 6th on the Sephora - What gives QVC??? I'm guessing that won't be mentioned in any of the presentations. 

Not cool.

Honored Contributor

Re: PETER THOMAS ROTH TSV- buyer beware!!

I'm guessing it's been watered down. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Terrible...I think qvc should be aware of this. I'll say, I have purchased a duo of an enriched night cream PTR from qvc, and gave it away...did absolutely nothing. $100. I never thought to compare ingredients. Anyway, I didn't like his retinol, and many other products, just did nothing. I will say, I like and use the glycolic cleanser, and the pumpkin mask was good too. I now use Andulau pumpkin mask, and it's just as good, at a much better price. I've moved onto Consult beaute Regenerol line, a few other products from them....verrrrry nice results. Nothing beats Shisedo eye cream, and skin softener. Thanks for your post!!
Honored Contributor

@cmoose wrote:

I was very interested in the 6oz size of PTR retinol and read all the reviews- everyone was talking about how watery it was- but that was only true on the QVC reviews. Sephora reviews didn't mention that at all. I took a look at the ingredient deck and indeed they are different. 

Here is the deck from QVC's product:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl
Palmitate, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Potassium Phosphate, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate-20, Alcohol.

And here is the deck from Sephora:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane, Retinol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Water (Aqua), Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Lechitin, Bisabolol, Alcohol.

While the indgredients are almost the same, water is the third ingredient in the QVC product and the 6th on the Sephora - What gives QVC??? I'm guessing that won't be mentioned in any of the presentations. 

Not cool.

Thanks for the heads'up!  

I didn't know this!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you for the information!!  I had heard of these practices in years past but regrettably, I've gotten very slack on researching deals "too good to be true".  

Valued Contributor

I don't use his products, but I find this post very interesting.  Is this how QVC offers their "special" prices?  I wonder if this occurs on other beauty products.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.Now I get why it didn't do anything for me.I also wondered why the consistency felt like water.That's because it was water!!!

Honored Contributor

I think this issue has been brought up in the past on this BB. That's how I found out about it.

Super Contributor

I'm not surprised; especially when they are selling in large quantitie, the product will be watered down..

I'll give you an example; years ago I had a BJ card; well I saw a three pack Lysol, goose neck toilet bowl cleaner at a phenomenal price; so I purchased it.. Upon using it; it was sooo watered down, not thick & clinging to the bowl like the bottles you purchased at the supermarket.. Of course, I called BJ & also the number listed for the company on the back of the product & I gave the money a piece of my mind big time.... Even at these wholesale clubs you have to watch.. 

Honored Contributor

@cmoose  Please email him about your findings and see what they say.