Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 funny you should mention death! I often think if I die whoever goes through my stuff will wonder why so many of my clothes still have tags on them and how much makeup and skincare products were never opened. They'll think I was crazy!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Dusty1 funny you should mention death! I often think if I die whoever goes through my stuff will wonder why so many of my clothes still have tags on them and how much makeup and skincare products were never opened. They'll think I was crazy!

@Jordan2 and @Dusty1  - The other day I was at my DD's and her friend and I were talking about makeup.  I told my DD, when I'm gone and she sees how much makeup, skin care, body/bath stuff I have, she's going to think "What the heck was my mother thinking?!"  She likes makeup and wears it but isn't into it with the same enthusiasm as me.  Her response was "Oh, I have absolutely no doubt of that!"  We all had a good laugh. 

Honored Contributor

I'm the OP, I was in Ulta today with my $3.50 coupon off a $15 purchase in my hot little hand! I had two items in my hand, then I thought what are you doing, you don't need them, go put them back! I'm happy to say I walked out of the store empty handed!

Respected Contributor

Welp. I used to be a beauty addict but in the past couple of years I changed. Having too many products, especially items that I wasn't using, smacked of hoarding. I didn't want to be that person. Not with clothes, makeup, bath and body. I have what I consider to be a reasonable amount of products, only things that I actually use regularly. 
Lately I've purged a lot of clothes and purses. 

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Welp. I used to be a beauty addict but in the past couple of years I changed. Having too many products, especially items that I wasn't using, smacked of hoarding. I didn't want to be that person. Not with clothes, makeup, bath and body. I have what I consider to be a reasonable amount of products, only things that I actually use regularly. 
Lately I've purged a lot of clothes and purses. 

I totally get this.  I have way too many skin products and put the brakes on.  I sort of go in spurts.  I'm holding off buying as much as I can in the cosmetic, skin care area.  I simply can't use them up fast enough.  I don't want anything to do with hoarding, lol.

Respected Contributor

Re: Organize and Declutter

[ Edited ]

What's helped me a lot is banning certain items from being purchased and organizing my beauty products in clear acrylic pull out shoe boxes from the Container Store.  I have a whole basket of hair products and I will not purchase anymore until every single one is gone.  I put my beauty products on one shelf in my dresser in clear acrylic shoe boxes with each shoe box holding one type of produce: blush, foundation, lipstick, etc.  The act of pulling the acrylic shoe box drawer out allows me to easily reach products and also subconsciously makes me feel like I'm purchasing the item which keeps me from buying new ones. 

Respected Contributor

I am always trying new makeup products and 99% of the time, I come out looking exactly the same!  I feel like I have more of a problem with clothes and handbags than makeup, but Ulta and Sephora are dangerous for me.  

Respected Contributor
I just sent a box to project beauty share but I think I needed the post office rated box, my box cost 30+ to send and the box wasn’t very big. I think next time I may send a check and curb my spending extra on beauty products. Great cause but that was a lot!
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

When the pandemic hit, I stopped wearing makeup. It was liberating and today I don't wear it like I used to. Got rid of a lot of stuff. I don't need to wear that much makeup and I feel good about it.

I also stopped wearing most makeup when the pandemic hit as well.   On the average day I wear SPF, lip balm, eye liner and brow pencil.  I only put on a full face when I have a special occassion which is rarely. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

When the pandemic hit, I stopped wearing makeup. It was liberating and today I don't wear it like I used to. Got rid of a lot of stuff. I don't need to wear that much makeup and I feel good about it.

I also stopped wearing most makeup when the pandemic hit as well.   On the average day I wear SPF, lip balm, eye liner and brow pencil.  I only put on a full face when I have a special occassion which is rarely. 

Me too.  I'm getting better at putting more on some days but today I'm running out with a lip tint and CC cream.  Shame on me but who cares, lol