Honored Contributor

Do you think the trend from elaborate eye looks are now leaning towards one and done? That would be great for me as I don't have the skills for an elaborate look. What colors do you think are good for one product eye looks, what type of shadow do you like for it powder, cream, shadow sticks, etc? Can you recommend some of your favorite brands (moderate and drugstore) and colors?

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but lately I've been using Laura Geller's liquid eyeshadow.  It comes in a tube and the name has the word "swipe" in it.  The color I use is Cocoa.  I just blend it in and I'm done with eye color. I add liner and mascara, of course, but I don't add any other colors to my lid.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but lately I've been using Laura Geller's liquid eyeshadow.  It comes in a tube and the name has the word "swipe" in it.  The color I use is Cocoa.  I just blend it in and I'm done with eye color. I add liner and mascara, of course, but I don't add any other colors to my lid.

Thanks for this great tip!😃💝

I don't have a lot of time to fuss with different eyeshadows.  I might have to try out this product.

Respected Contributor

@cheriere wrote:

@santorini wrote:

Thanks for this great tip!😃💝

I don't have a lot of time to fuss with different eyeshadows.  I might have to try out this product.

Great timing.  I just saw another post about a sale on Laura Geller's website (just add .com after her name).  This eyeshadow is on sale for $9.99!  Plus you can add a code (look on top for the banner) for 10 extra percent off.  I got 3 more because I'm worried they might be discontinuing my color.  

Esteemed Contributor
Rms eye lights.
Super Contributor

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Crème Eye Shadow in the shade Praline.  I really like it.  As a 63 year old woman, I think it's just enough.  I love makeup and never leave the house without a full face of makeup, but I definitely feel like it needs to be more understated at this stage of life.  I don't like a heavily made up eye, for example.  It just looks aging to me. I no longer use eyeliner for the same reason.  The Revlon Colorstay shadow in Praline is neutral but has a bit of shimmer.  

Honored Contributor

If I'm going out somewhere that it matters, I'll still do the three colors and highlight under the brow.  When it doesn't matter so much, it's something much quicker on the lid, like a taupe shade, and that's it.  Sometimes, instead of the taupe I'll just do a swipe of highlighter on my lid. 

Honored Contributor

Re: One and Done Eyeshadows

[ Edited ]

For me I still use eyeliner but it's no longer a deep black.  I use a medium brown instead.

I also like using a taupe shadow on the outer edges of my eyes and in the crease.  I'll add a dab of highlighter in the center of my lid (to brighten up the eye) and maybe a bit under the brow.

So I use two colors and I'm done....color & highlighter

Honored Contributor

I can't do a one and done eyeshadow.  If I put a darker eyeshadow on my lid, it looks odd.  I like, at the very least, a light shadow on the lid which I might apply all over, and then a darker shade in the crease.  The darker shade might be a taupe or something like that for a natural look.  IMO, if I just put a light shadow all over, I might as well not even bother. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like Stila Shimmer & Glow and Glitter & Go shadows  in varying shades of pink, and a neutral that are liquid.🥰 My faves are Tulip Twinkle and Rockin' Rose.👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖