Super Contributor

Re: OT- What kind of REFRIGERATOR do you have?

On 1/27/2015 jackthebear said:
On 1/27/2015 Jerseygirl1266 said:

SubZero. Still going strong after 12 years.

Mine still going strong after 20 years or so, but to to replace the same model now, is $12K which I obvi wont be doing

Love it though,

I have my Subzero 12 years also and still going strong. I did have problems with the ice maker which was replaced several times and the compressor on the fridge (there are separate compressors for the fridge and for the freezer) konked out several years in. Authorized service came in and soldered in a whole new compressor panel and no problems since. Plus, service has been covered by their 10 year warranty.

I also love the looks and wouldn't haven't have anything else. It is a pleasure to look at!

Valued Contributor

Lived with French Door for 2 years...hated it! I would not have a bottom freezer. First of all, you have to pull the drawer out, which takes up room in the kitchen, looking for things buried in the freezer. It is the most dysfunctional design I have come across. Love the french door for the fridge but the freezer, no way. I wouldn't have bottom kitchen cabinets, I have drawers I can pull out to get my pots/pans, etc. Why would I want my freezer down underneath the refrigerator? Hated it. It was a LG.

I like side by sides because everything important is at eye level. They do not offer the room in either side that a top freezer or bottom freezer does, but at least you are not bending over for a half hour trying to find a roast. I have an old GE top freezer in my laundry room for spare room. Works fine and I just hope they never stop making the side-by-sides.

BTW, Electrolux is not made in China. I have their washer/dryer and they are made in the US.

Valued Contributor

Samsung is good, I have a stainless steel bottom freezer and I love it!
Honored Contributor

.....it's an ivory color.
Respected Contributor

We got the Samsung 4 door French Door refrigerator and I do like it. We got it on sale for a great price last November. When we gutted our kitchen 12 years ago I got a Maytag Side-by-side that needed repair right after it went out of warranty, then last year it needed to be repaired again but we just got rid of it, not worth putting any more money into a 12 year old refrigerator. I like the French Doors and I like having the freezer at the bottom, but I have a friend that hated her French Door refrigerator and went back to a side-by-side. It's just personal taste. I don't think they make anything like they used to. I was told when we were looking for a new refrigerator that not many aplliances are made in the US anymore. When we went looking for a new mattress, I was told the same thing.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 chrystaltree said: .....it's an ivory color.

mine is so old.....the nameplate fell off........

♥Surface of the Sun♥