Respected Contributor

Re: OT- What kind of REFRIGERATOR do you have?

I got a white Samsung French door refrigerator in November, and like it a lot! It has good reviews on the Lowe's site. The upper part has very good organization. As others have said, the LED lighting is wonderful, nice and bright. The freezer may not be big enough for some...but we also have a large chest freezer, so it works for us. We did not get the icemaker/water dispenser.

Super Contributor

I have a stainless steel french door Maytag. We have had several issues with it, our Kenmore was a much better product.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/28/2015 lovesbe said:

I have a stainless steel french door Maytag. We have had several issues with it, our Kenmore was a much better product.

Hi there! That's what we have now a ken more white paid $800.00 and never had a problem.
Super Contributor

I have a 19 year old GE & all other kitchen appliances supplied by the builder (we're the original owners) are Whirlpool & also 19 years old.

I hate side by side because you don't get as much room. I got the biggest freezer on top, fridge on the bottom that GE made @the time, with an ice maker.

Have had NO problems with it & would probably get the same model again.

In my opinion, GE used to be a great company, but Whirlpool is even better.

Don't hesitate to get anything Whirlpool...they always win Consumer Reports BEST appliances.

FYI...Stainless is OUT...Polar White is in...glad to see that White is coming back because I have white kitchen cabinets & the white just looks better.

I'm NOT a professional chef & therefore Don't need Prof. Stainless Appliances.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Valued Contributor

I will never ever have another SS frig when my SS French door croaks I will go back to white with freezer on bottom no French doors . I will stick with Whirlpool as I am OK with their products. However at my age I am afraid the Frig will last longer than me so I may be stuck with my current one.

Respected Contributor

On 1/27/2015 RoughDraft said:

LG Stainless steel

Beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I have an new Samsung 4 door french door stainless frig at our cottage. Suburb! I have an older LG white side by side at home and am happy with it.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I have a Whirlpool "Designer Style" basic refrigerator, which I purchased 18 years ago - and is still perfect. I suggest that u check out Consumers Reports (on-line) or in their magazine for their recommendations. In addition, u can google various brands/models and read the reviews.

Trusted Contributor

We've had our SS Samsung 4-door French door fridge now for about two years. I truly love it. We had a side-by-side prior to getting this one and I swear I will never have another side-by-side. There's simply no room in them, especially when I'm prepping for big family and holiday dinners. I don't have a problem bending over to rummage in the freezer and I have four blown disks in my lower back; working in the freezer is not a problem for me.

The Samsung has the water and ice lines and I think I'm drinking more water because the ice is more accessible than having to open the freezer door and get it out. (The water filter does have to be replaced about every six months or so and they run about $40 or so.)

Cleaning the SS doesn't bother me; it's a simple matter of wiping it down once or twice a week. I did that with the old fridge. No biggie.

I really do like our fridge.

Trusted Contributor

Kenmore...I've had it for 17 years!!! I have it serviced every year and have had the door gaskets replaced (cheap), but it runs and cools great!