Trusted Contributor

@lOVETOSHOPwrote:

I so agree about the models with the long, thick hair demonstrating!!

Once in a while, he does use a model with especially thin hair, but not too often.

I use his Advanced Volume shampoo and conditioner and love them.  My hair really lacks in body and this has helped me so much!   I buy the 32 oz. sizes and these last me a good nine months, and I wash my hair every day.   I really see results with Nick's products!

@lOVETOSHOP  I often find that the "thickening" shampoos and conditioners seem to dry out my hair to some degree.  Do you feel that happens with these products?

Trusted Contributor

@aggravated...I've tried one other shampoo and conditioner of Nick's that I didn't like but it was so long ago, I don't remember if it dried my hair or I just didn't think it gave me the body I wanted.  Tthe Advanced Volume shampoo and conditioner are great, and I feel they not only give my hair body but also shine and a healthy feeling to boot! 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

@Serena Sue  You are so right.  We would like to see real models with thin hair or average hair short and long instead of all these women with thick hair.  Women with thick hair don't even need a product.  I have never purchased a product from him.  The main reason is the way he looks himself with that long hair which is so unattractive.  It may have been in style 30 years ago but not today. Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1  I love his mesquite line, but most of his products are highly scented and interfere w/ the perfume I want to wear.

Respected Contributor

I have a small beef about this too... He ignores all populations that have curly, wavy, textured hair, need LESS volume.   He’d make more money if his products addressed ALL hair types! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I personally think women would love an unscented line of hair products or less fragrant.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21wrote:

I have a small beef about this too... He ignores all populations that have curly, wavy, textured hair, need LESS volume.   He’d make more money if his products addressed ALL hair types! 

@Skyegirl21  ITA.....w/ my curly, white hair, neither of which is addressed.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness-  I agree with you.

Valued Contributor

I buy Nick Chavez Mesquite Supersize and love what it does for my thin, fine blonde hair.  My hair is silky,  shiney, and styles easily.  It doesn't feel like I have product in my hair.  I don't know how he does it, but my hair strands seem to float away from each giving the appearance of volume, yet styles well too.

Occasional Contributor

I have curly, wavy, frizzy, hair.  I was using Wen for years and my hair was getting thinner.  I switched to Nicks Velvet Mesquite line and my hair has never been better,  it’s shiny, thicker, no frizz and beautiful defined waves and curls.  I highly recommend this line for anyone.  I use the shampoo, conditioner, restoring spray, serum, thickening spray and hair spray.