Respected Contributor

Re: Newbie needing help with Wen

On 3/23/2015 sonechko said:
On 3/23/2015 KJPA said:

Sonechko, great review! It is fun isn't it? {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} EVERY DAY, KJPA!!! I cleanse almost everyday just for the fun of it! Even, though I do not need it that often, but I justifying it - I am doing cleansing for the sake of EXPERIMENT! Still need test a lot of CCs and their combinations. Yeah, alright it a bull, I just like it!

Oh you sound like me!!...I do cleanse everyday because of my hairstyle, but also I LOVE to play with WEN and what I am going to mix up, (mostly SHL) right now...I never thought I would look forward to doing my hair each day!!....Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I too have long hair, and I cannot use any CCs as a leave in; this concept just doesn't work for me. Cleansing and the occasional SC, if I'm using a flat iron, are all I need. My favorite CCs are FAS and FTP; if it wasn't for the scent, I would love the new Lilac because the formula is good for my hair. I didn't care for the BGT either. It didn't take long for me to realize that the seasonals work best for me. Good luck, OP.

Super Contributor

I did a rinse yesterday and decided to add in 1 pump as a leave-in and 2 pumps of SC. I did not do a cleanse I just rinsed since I had cleansed 2 day prior. The 2 pumps of styling cream I think was my mistake. My hair was so weighed down. I could barely get it dry. So I went ahead and did a cleanse with BGT and this time I put in 1/2 pump as a leave-in and no styling cream. This time my hair was so soft and dried very easily. It was also pretty shiny which made me happy. I will try the styling cream again next time I rinse but maybe only half a pump since my hair is really fine and thinning at the moment. I am very excited as my 4 piece cleansing conditioner set with POM, LAV, TT, and SAM are to arrive today. By the way I do add the leave-in and styling cream to soaking wet hair. Thanks everyone for the tips and encouragement.

Esteemed Contributor

Great OP! You'll play with your new 4 (wow!) formulas and see what your hair likes the best!

I like to test new (for me) CC by doing both cleanses with it alone, and using the same as CC as leave-in. If my hair comes out "too dry", I don't get discouraged and use spraying mist on the ends and a bit all over to "fix" dryness. I believe you have Mist in you BGT kit, OP.

Then, if some CC is not "perfect", try to combine it with the other and see what happens. Also Try to incorporate Six Thirteen, it does come with your BGT kit also. Add a pump or two to second cleanse. Or more, depending on your hair.

613 and TT are very "healing" for the hair, and gradually restore it's health. I try to use TT as my first cleanse all the time, because it is great for health of scalp as well. But nowdays, I have so many new CCs to try, unfortunately I am skipping this step in this routine lately, while checking my new ones.

Good luck to you with Wen!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 sonechko said:

Great OP! You'll play with your new 4 (wow!) formulas and see what your hair likes the best!

I like to test new (for me) CC by doing both cleanses with it alone, and using the same as CC as leave-in. If my hair comes out "too dry", I don't get discouraged and use spraying mist on the ends and a bit all over to "fix" dryness. I believe you have Mist in you BGT kit, OP.

Then, if some CC is not "perfect", try to combine it with the other and see what happens. Also Try to incorporate Six Thirteen, it does come with your BGT kit also. Add a pump or two to second cleanse. Or more, depending on your hair.

613 and TT are very "healing" for the hair, and gradually restore it's health. I try to use TT as my first cleanse all the time, because it is great for health of scalp as well. But nowdays, I have so many new CCs to try, unfortunately I am skipping this step in this routine lately, while checking my new ones.

Good luck to you with Wen!

Sonechko, you and I seem be WEN twins! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I have several bottles open right now that I am experimenting with to see if I like them. But I always go back to TT as my first cleanse because my scalp needs it. I tried mixing MIF with 613 the other day and that seemed to be a good combination for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah Aprimo! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Twins for Life! I wish, I'd come up with one Perfect Method, but naaaaa - it's forever a fun Experiment! How else it could be? Chaz always comes up with some new stuff for me to try! I am testing old formulas as fast as I can! Now new? Wait, summer CCs are coming too. Have Mercy on us Chaz!

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 sonechko said:

Yeah Aprimo! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Twins for Life! I wish, I'd come up with one Perfect Method, but naaaaa - it's forever a fun Experiment! How else it could be? Chaz always comes up with some new stuff for me to try! I am testing old formulas as fast as I can! Now new? Wait, summer CCs are coming too. Have Mercy on us Chaz!

Oh my MIF is on it's way to my door today!..Can't wait, to try it all, I hope he has the 16oz of the MIF available soon so if I love it I can always order...Smiley Happy..Summer is on my hurry up list!!

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE it1 Hope it will be to your liking too, Mimi!

Frequent Contributor

My hair is similar to yours. I use BGT, but I do not leave any other products. I only use the CC. I am never weighted down.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 cnd8 said:

My hair is similar to yours. I use BGT, but I do not leave any other products. I only use the CC. I am never weighted down.

This may be what I end up doing. I will have to play with it and figure out what is best.