Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle Thank you for letting us know. It emphasizes the importance of reading labels. It also makes us pause when we listen to people who say parabens are not harmful. I avoid products with parabens! 

Honored Contributor

It might be important to note this study involved only 40 people.

Honored Contributor

But with just about 100% of participants testing positive for parabens in their breast cancer tissues, that says a lot, some even showed as many as several different types of parabens.

Honored Contributor

If you google "parabens and breast cancer studies" there are some very interesting articles out there about it and similar studies to this newest one. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Study on Parabens

[ Edited ]

I'd like to know more about the credibility of those who did the actual testing and how exactly they came up with their conclusions. I would like to see the raw data. As a chemist myself, this type of research and it's findings mean very little if they don't show us their exact methodology and numbers.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I'd like to know more about the credibility of those who did the actual testing and how exactly they came up with their conclusions. I would like to see the raw data. As a chemist myself, this type of research and it's findings mean very little if they don't show us their exact methodology and numbers.

The doctor's name is listed in the article, perhaps you can find contact info for him.

Honored Contributor

This information is right up there with the "studies" showing bras cause breast cancer..... tomorrow they will say the opposite... that parabens show no cause for cancer....

I would worry more about the flu killing you, or a sniper bullet or  a stoned driver running you over than any of these so called STUDIES.

Respected Contributor

Not to play devil's advocate, but it would be nice if there was a way to compare the breast tissue of women without cancer to those who have it.  Maybe they also have a high amount of parabens in theirs.  I mean, you can't have a definitive study without a control group.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Not to play devil's advocate, but it would be nice if there was a way to compare the breast tissue of women without cancer to those who have it.  Maybe they also have a high amount of parabens in theirs.  I mean, you can't have a definitive study without a control group.

@2blonde, you're not paying devil's advocate at all; you are thinking like a scientist. I know that I have seen credible studies that show that parabens show up in breast tissue, period. I will try to find that data and post later.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland