Honored Contributor

wrote:

I'd like to know more about the credibility of those who did the actual testing and how exactly they came up with their conclusions. I would like to see the raw data. As a chemist myself, this type of research and it's findings mean very little if they don't show us their exact methodology and numbers.

@SilleeMee, that is why I posted what I did above about googling.  I found some information about this same type of study that was done a few years ago but the article said the study was flawed and went on to state why. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Not to play devil's advocate, but it would be nice if there was a way to compare the breast tissue of women without cancer to those who have it.  Maybe they also have a high amount of parabens in theirs.  I mean, you can't have a definitive study without a control group.

@2blonde, you're not paying devil's advocate at all; you are thinking like a scientist. I know that I have seen credible studies that show that parabens show up in breast tissue, period. I will try to find that data and post later.

@suzyQ3, @2blonde, in my googling, I too came across a study that said every single person they tested had parabens in their bodies.  It wasn't specific to breast tissue though. 

Honored Contributor

I take many studies with a grain of salt. Unless there is scientific proof and by scientific proof, I mean it can be duplicated without deviation, then to me these kinds of studies are meaningless.

Respected Contributor
I think this all makes since. If you think about when our moms were young they didn't have all these skin care products, it was just a basic soap and moisturizer. The level of breast cancer in women back then was very low. Now in today's world women are putting so so many products on thier skin, and look at all the women who have breast cancer. Something to think about............(note I am in my late 60's)
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  Thank you, that would be interesting and informative info for all of us.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  That IS interesting.  It just goes to show we shouldn't ever jump to conclusions until we have all the data.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

wrote:
I think this all makes since. If you think about when our moms were young they didn't have all these skin care products, it was just a basic soap and moisturizer. The level of breast cancer in women back then was very low. Now in today's world women are putting so so many products on thier skin, and look at all the women who have breast cancer. Something to think about............(note I am in my late 60's)

@Naturesbeauty, I believe that all cancers have increased over the years, not just breast cancer. 

I'm sure there are many, many reasons why cancers have increased so dramatically.

Honored Contributor

While it might be a point of interest that these 40 participants with breast cancer had parabens in their breast tissue, it still doesn't prove anything.  Someone could probably find 40 healthy women who could have it in their breast tissue too.  Parabens have been around for 100 yrs. and there still isn't any proof that they cause breast cancer.  

Honored Contributor

Back in the old days there were cancers that killed many people. They just didn't have a name for it, much less know what it was.

Contributor

Actually the chemicals that are being used to replace parabens may even be more destructive.  Some of these new preservatives are known to cause contact dermatitis.