Super Contributor

My daughter lives in Pennsylvania, will be going to Nevada in December and asked me what changes she will need to make in her skincare and makeup.  Any suggestions I can pass along?  I was there many times about 20 years ago but I don't remember what affect the weather had on my Pennsylvania skin.

Honored Contributor

@cddh wrote:

My daughter lives in Pennsylvania, will be going to Nevada in December and asked me what changes she will need to make in her skincare and makeup.  Any suggestions I can pass along?  I was there many times about 20 years ago but I don't remember what affect the weather had on my Pennsylvania skin.

What part of NVSmiley Happy  In Reno it is extremely dry.  She will need a good moisturizer.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC Inappropriate

Honored Contributor

New Mexico resident here.  Think lower humidity.  Tell her to keep a quality lip balm on her person at all times.  Cracked, bleeding lips are never a good look.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@cddh @When we go to Oklahoma I need a humidifier to stop my lips from cracking and my face from peeling...so dry in the winter.I think your daughter could benefit from this too.I use lip balm and heavy moisturizer but that humidifier helped the most.

Respected Contributor

@cddh wrote:

I'm originally from Pa., lived in LV for about 20 years now.   I don't think I did anything drastic when I moved here, in fact I don't think i even thought about changes like you're wondering about.  It's very dry so more moisturizer and lots of hand cream because the skin cracks on the hands but mine did that in Pa, too.  In LV in Dec. it's on the cool side, the natives freeze when it gets below 50 but I think the winter is wonderful here.  Is she moving here or just a vacation?

Contributor
I think whatever a persons concerns are need to be addressed. What one person thinks is “trivial” another person thinks is important. We need to respect what each person thinks is important to them and not judge!!!!! Plus forewarned is forearmed. Good luck to your daughter. I good moisturizer and perhaps a humidifier. Plus stay hydrated.
Respected Contributor

The facial-lip moisturizers have been covered well.

Drink water and when you forget you body will let you know.

Consider an indoor humiditifier. This helps my nose and throat.

Super Contributor

Is your daughter going there for a visit ( 

or is she going there to live...

with a dry climate you have to moisturize..moisturize 

don’t forget lips and hands 

drink lots of water... and some  gatorade 

if going there to live you may have to change your products 

otherwise...just for a visit...use extra of what you currently use...

argan oil is good for dry climate 

Super Contributor

Thank you to all your gracious replies.  She is going for a visit with relatives and asked my acvice.  I know it is trivial but she wants to be prepared.  Not all questions have to be life or death situations.