Super Contributor

I use Vanicream by Rochester Pharmaceuticals, Rochester, MN.  It was deveoped for people with sensitive skin.  They have multiple skin care products.  I get mine at Walgreen's.  I have used it for almost 30 years.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I use Aveeno Moisturizer Repair Cream in the jar.  My derm recommended it.  I have very dry skin and use it from head to toe.  It's a miracle for me.

Honored Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

I had a dry patch on my check that I just can't leave alone.  I have tried everything or so I thought.

DS gave me a vitamin E face wash kit.  Wash, toner and cream.  I have been using it since Christmas night and that patch is gone and I already have compliments on my skin.

The hundreds of dollars of other stuff including Mark Kay is on its way out.

He said the kit was about 40 bucks and The Body Shop.

Your products may also have included Vit A & D.    Those 3 are the holy trinity of skin care.    Almost any brand will work, unless it also includes some harmful ingredient.

I found an "off" brand of moisturizer at Target with Vit E in big letters on the front of the jar, but in reading the ingredients, it also includes A & D.    

Esteemed Contributor

I have very fair, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies and issues. I swear by Dr. Denese Dream cream (moisturizer) that can be used day or night or both. You only need a lttle and it covers. Absorbs quickly. It works for me and and I don't have any reactions. Hope you get the same good resutls that I do.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering if anyone here has tried this one? There are many good reviews for it and it's very reasonably priced at about $10. 

trader-joes-copy.jpg

Honored Contributor

I no longer use any retinol products. When I was using a retinol product, I would put it on cleansed and well-dried skin. I'd wait at least 20 minutes before applying moisturizer. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 have you tried a straight-up retinoid?

Why did you stop using retinol?

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily  I have sensitive skin and I use No 7 Beautiful Skin with spf 15 under my foundation or tinted moisturizer.  Also, alba Botanica has and oil free moisturizer in their Hawaiian collection.  Both are reasonably priced under $20.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Moisturizer Help

[ Edited ]

@Rockinisa wrote

@Texasmouse

@felinemom

For years, right after cleansing I'd mix Retin A with a bit of moisturizer and apply.  Then I changed to cleaning, moisturizer and then 20 minutes or so later using the retin A.

Then I read,somewhere no moisturizer at all and you must wait 20 minutes after you wash to apply Retin A.  Water and Retin A do not play well together. Also, when you use moisturizer first or with, you are only diluting the potency of the product, by a lot, .  I put the pea size RetinA on the back of my hand and then put tiny dots on all the areas I wish to address, then massage in.  Works well and I really think I'm getting better results. Also, I apply at least 30 before bed to let it sink in.

@Harvard99 this has been debunked by at least one dermatologist, namely Dr. Dray on YouTube. She says that clean, moisturized skin is much more receptive to and can better absorb Retin A. 

@Texasmouse  I prefer to get my online opinions from more than one source and decide accordingly.  Also, my new derm told me to try this.  As I did say,  this is what works best for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@suzyQ3 have you tried a straight-up retinoid?

Why did you stop using retinol?

@Texasmouse, I used a prescription retinoid years ago and had to stop because my skin refused to acclimate. More recently, I had used some OTC products. Any with enough oomph to be effective bothered my skin.

I'm sure if I really tried I could use some form of retinol, but I just lost interest along the way. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland