Respected Contributor

I value the opinions on this board and thought I'd ask for your assistance. I found out today that my facial moisturizer is being discontinued, and there wasn't a replacement product. I've been using a face moisturizer every morning under my foundation that is for sensitive skin, is fragrance-free and oil-free, and absorbs nicely so it doesn't interfere with my foundation. I'm hoping to find a face moisturizer for sensitive skin with the same features. Any recommendations? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need Moisturizer Help

[ Edited ]

i've read a lot of good reviews about drug-store brand Cerave...and is recommended by derms....after i finish my stash of JM, i will purchase Cerave....i gave up high-priced products a little over a year ago.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily  I use Aveno. It has oatmeal and isn’t heavy. Also use expensive items from my Dermatologist but he said sometimes it’s good to give my skin a rest. There are many types of Aveno to choose from.

Honored Contributor

There's a website, skincaredupes dot com, that lists many commonly used products and then shows you possible matches to any one kind. That is where I would start and see if you moisturizer is listed there. @Desert Lily

Super Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i've read a lot of good reviews about drug-store brand Cerave...and is recommended by derms....after i finish my stash of JM, i will purchase Cerave....i gave up high-priced products a little over a year ago.....

@nana59 I just started using Cerave face moisturizer a couple of months ago at the recommendation of my dermatologist. It is amazing. My skin has definitely improved and I have noticed a difference in my skin texture. I am also using the Cerave facial wash. It is a very affordable brand that does more for my skin than any high end brand ever has.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 beat me to it. I was also going to recommend Cerave. I use the PM moisturizer under my sunscreen for an extra moisture boost in winter and the Cerave cream in the large tub on my face at night, before my Retin A. Neither product is greasy at all and they make my face feel soft, smooth and moisturized. @Desert Lily

Respected Contributor
My skin isn't too sensitive but I did break out with cyst ic acne in mid twenties .I went to dermatologist and was put on antibiotics and Retin A. I used Aveena spf. With 2% bha. The spf
was only 15 so I used it at night. Look into Aveeno.
Regular Contributor

Ladies     I'm a bit confused, for years now I've been puting on my Retin A at night, waiting half hour then applying my nightly moisturizer.  Am I doing it backwards ?  tia   Felinemom

Respected Contributor
I always use retin A first before moisturizer. I believe that should be first.
Respected Contributor

Re: Need Moisturizer Help

[ Edited ]

@felinemom wrote:

Ladies     I'm a bit confused, for years now I've been puting on my Retin A at night, waiting half hour then applying my nightly moisturizer.  Am I doing it backwards ?  tia   Felinemom

@felinemom there are different schools of thought on this.  Some dermatologists advise putting Retin A on a clean, dry face, some say to put it on a moisturized face and yet others (like mine) say to mix equal parts Retin A and moisturizer, which helps spread the pea-sized amount of Retin A which is otherwise more difficult to spread. 

ETA I moisturize my damp face, wait until my skin is dry and then mix my Retin A with another pea-sized amount of moisturizer and apply.