Honored Contributor

Re: Need Help - Dr. Dennis Gross or Peter Thomas Roth - Retinol

@Arianny wrote:

Thank you @fitfuninformed and @SurferWife for the Paula's Choice recommendation.  Is the retinol you are referring to A276148?  I am definitely going to look into that.

@Arianny...yes, that's the one! Also, check out A283069. It's an even better deal!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

Thanks @winamac1 and @susan kay

You are welcome.  I actually like Dr. Gross, and I'm glad he shows up to present his products. I prefer PTR products as they are usually not as expensive and I seem to see better efficacy with his.

If you google reviews, some of Dr. Gross's products get terrible reviews and some get great reviews--same wtih all product lines.

I used to love his peel pads (Dr. Gross), but Paula trashed them due to the high alcohol content.

Good luck !   BTW, for drugstore, fragrance free regenerist by Olay gets very good reviews!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1  I certainly agree with this. Plus, Dr. Gross' product had a smell that made me not want to use it (but I did). I can't put my finger on it but it was an odor sure enough. The strong retinol from Paula is too strong for me-might as well use Retin A. I peeled the same way with that-had to quit. I used her other, milder retinol for a while but it was too oily or greasy or something. PTR seems to do it for me. I may look into his night cream.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@winamac1  I certainly agree with this. Plus, Dr. Gross' product had a smell that made me not want to use it (but I did). I can't put my finger on it but it was an odor sure enough. The strong retinol from Paula is too strong for me-might as well use Retin A. I peeled the same way with that-had to quit. I used her other, milder retinol for a while but it was too oily or greasy or something. PTR seems to do it for me. I may look into his night cream.

The unwrinkle is really nice.  I use it over his unwrinkle serum when I have it.  

Argan oil is also nice to put over the PTR retinol---I sometimes do that--wait like 20 minutes for the retinol to sink in.  I don't peel with his retinol, but sometimes I like extra moisture at night.

Cerave also has a nice , inexpensive night cream to put over the retinol--again--if you want moisture.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"