Respected Contributor

Re: Need Eye Lashes

[ Edited ]

@grandma2pkmh   I've used Ardell lashes since I was 18.

They are very natural looking and callled "demi pixies 102" in black. They are very natural looking.  I get them on Amazon as drugstores do not carry these.  They carry mostly the heavier ones.

At amazon when you look them up you get a pack of 4 for about $11.00 or so.

I use DUO clear eyelash adhesive.  It only takes a bit and I run it around the eyelash line with the tip of the Duo open top.  Plus you fit them for your eye.  You can always cut one lash off the end if the eye is smaller/

It takes a bit of learning but I do it in 30 seconds.  Placing them properly is key to look natural.

The glue dries quickly so place as quick as you can.

Respected Contributor

Here's a picture of mine. the demi pixies are very light and on the natural side.  They are not flappers.

20210525_162230 side happy pink hair up hapy pink hair.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Pink123  Thank for your input it really helps. Between you and @monicakm  I might be able to try these things. Hope I don't glue them to my fingers trying to get them on.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh  - Kim Gravel sells self-adhesive lashes that don't require glue (below).  Perhaps get these to start off with and then graduate to other brands that require glue.

A17631

Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel Flash Lash False Lash Trio

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need Eye Lashes

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal   Thanks, didn't know such a thing existed.

eta: Just looked at them, out of my price range right now but will keep in mind.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I always wanted to try false eye lashes but I'm afraid I would have a reaction to the glue.  Has this ever happened to anyone?  My eyes are really sensitive and I'm afraid I woud have a problem with the adhesive ingredients.  Thanks. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin