Esteemed Contributor

Products that hide or erase wrinkles

Just curious if any products really erase or hide wrinkles.  Some of very expensive and I don't want to get started unless I have a clue if they are effective.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Products that hide or erase wrinkles

@bonnielu Yes, I know for a fact I can hide wrinkles, or fine lines. I have used both the PTR FirmX and the Dr. Denese Wrinkle Lost. They definitely "temporarily" remove fine lines. The PTR is a little trickier to apply. I prefer Dr. Denese, make-up can be applied over it. 

I have also taken care of my skin since my 20's. Little sun on my face and lots of anti-aging products. I had my grandchildren with me last week, oldest is 7, and I had several people tell me how cute my kids were. Every one of them was amazed they were my grands, I am 61. Oh, and my grandkids really are so darn cute. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu 

For the most part I am wrinkle free. I have crinklies under my eyes when I smile. If I'm not smiling no wrinkles.  I know part of it is genetics but I also keep my face flooded with hydration. My complexion is dry. Hydration plumps the skin and plumps wrinkles and fine lines to an extent.   graduated high school in 1977. 100% of my classmates that see me now recognize me. I recognize about 10% of them.  Hydration certainly isn't the only thing I use in my skin care regimens but it's a big part of it. Serums/actives and moisturizer and eye cream are included too. In my opinion proper skin care prep before makeup is more important than the makeup itself in diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

the only "product" I know of is call

a surgeons scalpul--100% effective of removing lines and wrinkles as well as $$$ from your wallet.  Maybe a needle full of fillers for the lines----Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

If there was such a product nobody would have wrinkles at 70, 80 or 90. Only surgery really works and even that is temporary.  It works on the face but nothing helps the neck.  We can just do the best we can and age gracefully.

Honored Contributor

Back in the 1960's the the FDA approved a drug for helping reduce acne. That drug is still used today for the very same reason. 

But since then, mid '90's, the FDA approved that drug to be used as a topical for reducing fine lines and wrinkles amongst a few other age-related things. That drug is the only official product that the FDA has ever approved as an antiaging substance. The one and only:  Tretinoin (aka Retin-A).

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I actually have been rather lucky.  Just starting to see some lines, wrinkles around my eyes.  I don't go out in the sun.  I do think my lack of extensive wrinkles is due to heredity. I am almost 80.  So many products out there. Thought someone could suggest something.