Respected Contributor

Need Comparison Between Madison Reed and Joan Rivers Great Hair Day.....

For those that have used both, which one do you think is better. 

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Comparison Between Madison Reed and Joan Rivers Great Hair Day.....

my mom has been using the JR great hair day for a number of years now. it is one of those items she never wants to be without. she has very thin, baby fine, short hair.

i use truhair color and lift powder. i get it on hsn. i just started using it a couple of months ago and i really like it. i have longer hair that is baby fine and thin. it really does help cover the gray and cover scalp AND gives my hair more body. this one you have to be a bit more careful with when applying because it is a loose powder. once you get the hang of it though it is great.

have never tried the madison reed brand.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I just sent back the Madison Reed (dark brown).  I bought it to cover up my greys and I found it didn't work at all.  Greys still showed after applying. And I got flaking on my face as well.   But, it does work as a scalp filler.  The real difference is that you get .13oz of Madison Reed vs. .24oz Joan Rivers for the same price. I think the Joan Rivers worked better as a filler.  

Trusted Contributor

The Joan Rivers product is meant to be put in the SCALP to hide balding and thinning  patches of skin that shows through your hair.  The Madison Reed version is to be used on the HAIR to cover undyed roots.