Valued Contributor

Jamma

If you go to their website it shows the different formulations and a description. It doesn't really go into great detail except to say that the formula 2 is for soft, peeling, weak nails and the 2 plus is for excessive problem nails.

I just noticed they have an after artificial nail care set for $20. Maybe this will help you out. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tsukiko

@pigletsmom

Thanks ladies for your help I appreciate it.

Thanks to all the other ladies who took the time to help me.

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a little early, but..... I used Nailtiques Formula 2 for about a year.  Honestly, it saved my peeling, cracking nails and I high recommend it for a short amount of time.  All of a sudden, the Nailtiques quit working for me.  I gave my nails a month's rest and started using it again, but it made my nails even worse.    For a few months, it worked great.  After that, not so much.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo Verifies exactly what I was going to say to @Jamma. There's a reason why the instructions for nail hardeners/strengtheners indicate a limit in how long you should use them. Excessive use will mAake the nails too hard and brittle. They may appear stronger, but as the nail plate reaches and rows past the end of the nail bed, it will easily break and peel.

@Jamma If the main issue is that your nails are thin, it's most likely due to overfiling by your nail tech (which is more common than one would expect, as is damage from improper removal). Unfortunately, it takes several months for new nail to reach the edge. Anything you buy over the counter (or in a salon) should not be claiming to make your nails grow faster (that would make it fall in the "medication" category, with different regulations). However, some things may help in decreasing the amount of breakage, thus allowing your nails to grow longer. If your nails are truly "soft," use of a nail hardener/strengthener may help. A good quality cuticle oil will also help quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

The only thing that helped my splittting ,cracking and breaking nails was getting a good vitamin pill that I take daily and that is what really helped. None of the products that you buy in the store will reallly help in the long run. It actuaully starts with  internal health. That is what helped me. God Luck!