Trusted Contributor

Awhile back I had taken my acrylics off and and with your suggestion I used Nailtiques

formula 2.

The nails were doing well ---my problem was cracked, peeling and one nail that split.

I had serious surgery and my nails were forgotten in all my recovery time and rehab etc.

Now I don't know if I should use nailtiques formula 2 or 2 plus, or QVC ProAdvanced Floride Nail Strengthner with Vitamin Complex.

Thanks Jamma

Honored Contributor

That QVC stuff made a total mess of my nails.  It took them months to recover from the effects of it.  There really isn't a product on the market that will fix bad nails but Nailtiques is the best to be had.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I really like Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Treatment, gold top, gold bottle. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That QVC stuff made a total mess of my nails.  It took them months to recover from the effects of it.  There really isn't a product on the market that will fix bad nails but Nailtiques is the best to be had.

Do you use Formula 2 Or formula 2 plus?

Thanks for your reeply.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I really like Sally Hansen Miracle Growth Treatment, gold top, gold bottle. 

Thanks for the reply.

Honored Contributor

For my nails, it's OPI Nail Envy.  I rarely use color, I prefer clear.  Right now, my nails are doing great.  However, sometimes they are more challenging in the winter with the cold weather.

Honored Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Do you use Formula 2 Or formula 2 plus?

Thanks for your reeply.

@Jamma.  I use plain old Formula 2.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Vitamin E oil, message into your cuticles every night! Also try Andrew Lessman's nail, skin and hair vitamins, my nails grow like weeds!

Frequent Contributor

I agree with Suxela's comments.  You need to take extra Biotin (500 mcg / day) to help your nails (and helps your hair!!).  None of that other stuff is really going to work other than putting a clear polish-like coating on your nails. 

Your nails will just need to grow totally out from the cuticles (usually takes about 6 - 8 months). 

Andrew Lessman's Nail, Skin and Hair vitamins work great but Biotin is the key ingredient for healthy nails.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

You can take up to 10,000 mcg daily of Biotin.