Respected Contributor

Need a recommendation for a good, inexpensive top coat. My polish chips after 1-2 days. I do my own.

Trusted Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

Need a recommendation for a good, inexpensive top coat. My polish chips after 1-2 days. I do my own.

@TX-starlight   I purchased the Spa-rific glass nail files here recently.  They are wonderful.  The small file is for shining the nail.  I used to apply a clear top coat, but like you, it always chipped or discolored.  When I use the shine file, it looks like I have polished my nails.  Highly recommend.  

Honored Contributor

Best ever top coat is Poshe !! Dries to a cushiony glass like shine in one minute, and smooths out any imperfections. Get it on ebay or amazon!!! I have used many and nothing else comes close to this, beats Seche Vite by a mile. 

Honored Contributor

Poshe Topcoat 0.5oz Super Fast (2 Pack)

Honored Contributor

i've used Revlon Multi Care Base & Top Coat for years.  Works for me.

Respected Contributor

I've used and loved seche vite top coat which also makes your polish dry in literally a minute. They sell it at Ulta, target, Sephora it's about $10 if that.

Respected Contributor

I don't use a top coat.  I use Londontown nail polish "kur" or "lakur" (the type, NOT the color - it comes in 98 colors - check amazon).  My nails *never* chip and the polish is SO durable it lasts for a couple weeks... IF you leave it that long - I don't.  Best quality nail polish I've ever used.  It shines beautifully and stays shiny, so no need for a top coat.  Oh, BTW, it's $16 to $20 but SO worth it.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

Revlon or Sally Hansen top coats both work well for me.  My nails stay for a week.  I do all my own cooking and cleaning.  I wear gloves to garden.

Honored Contributor

I second the Londontown Lakurs. I've recommended them here several times b/c I think they are the best. They are on the expensive side but I really don't like doing my nails unless I have to and LT makes a long-lasting polish so I don't have to do my nails that often. The stuff wears like iron. No top coat needed.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  Tks!! I will try this.