Valued Contributor

@Anabanana745 wrote:

so I'm on U-verse and for some reason this channel comes up shrunken despite being "HD" which is what the non-HD channels do.It is really annoying and almost unwatchable. Anyone else having this problem?

@Anabanana745 I have the same problem.  The program is not on HD on my TV, part of the faces are cut off during the presentations.  It's just hard for me to watch.  I don't last more than five minutes viewing it just because of the format, at least for my TV.  I like the HD format on the regular QVC, because you can better see the colors, the effect of something being applied to the skin, eyes, hair, etc.  Until they resolve this issue, I'll skip watching the beauty IQ channel. 

Formally NewtoWen
Trusted Contributor

Is this always recorded, no live streaming?

Honored Contributor

I watch BEAUTY IQ on my IPad because my cable provider doesn't carry it. I check in from time to time to see what's on, but if in middle of demo, frustrating that I can't start over, FF from what I've watched at other times. Because of that, usually just turn it off. The main distraction is the rectangles of info on the left and/or bottom blocking out the host, presenter, or part of the product demo. I can't suggest a better place to put it, but defeats the purpose of beauty demo if I can't see full faces. 

Occasional Contributor

this is just another info channel with a host that is love with herself rather then the product

New Contributor

I watched the Beauty IQ channel for the first time today. I loved the presentation from Alberti Popaj. Looking forward to more shows on this channel!

Esteemed Contributor

During a bout of insomnia last week, I flipped on a movie channel.  Instead of a movie, they were showing Beauty iQ -- so, apparently, for a few hours in the middle of the night, one of our 24-hr movie channels switches to iQ.  I wasn't impressed.  For one, the view is small, even smaller than non-HD channels -- and it was a little out of focus.  To me, it seemed like people talking in front of a webcam.  It seemed more like a YouTube video than a TV production.  Is that the intention?    I like Alberti, but I didn't like Beauty iQ.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@kchase wrote:

this is just another info channel with a host that is love with herself rather then the product

Are you referring to Elise Ivy?

Honored Contributor

About those "Beauty iQ Steals"... does anyone else think the prices of these "steals" are not so great? I think they could be better with free shipping. Then it WOULD be a steal!Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

I really love Alberti but, omg, the screaming and over the top jumping and hopping around the set and talking over each other and the rep for Laura Geller -screaming! rediculous! sent me right to the remote to shut off the darn show.
I did enjoy the Edward Bess show and bought the special of the 3 little highlighter.
Mostly find it unwatchable with all the screaming and "high jinx" I love a calm presentation and enjoy when Alberti was talking calming and getting to know the models.
I think it would be much much better toned down, and if Alberti had different hosts with him, not just Elise. I think the show is new and having growing pains, I hope they improve and continue.

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

@out of control wrote:

If anyone has Directv...what channel would you find this on?

318 - QVC is 317

And I watch QVC on channel 275 on DirecTV.  Yes, it's on 317, which I didn't know, but it's easier for me to remember 240 HSN, 275 QVC, and 076 QVCP (used to be on 075).  QVC is also on 070.