Honored Contributor

NARS Orgasm Powder Blush

[ Edited ]

I had bought a duo travel sized compact of NARS Orgasm Blush & Laguna bronzer. 

I find with my coloring (light with some pink undertones) that Orgasm needs to be built for it to be seen. 

Lately, I am using a sample of Lancôme Blushing Tresor blush. It looks similar to Orgasm with that subtle shimmer but it’s a darker more visible pink on me. Two swipes is enough for each cheek area. 

Just wanted to put it out there for those who want some subtle shimmer but  not a light pink blush like a Orgasm.

Does anyone find that using Orgasm, needs more of it to be seen?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: NARS Orgasm Powder Blush

I know it’s supposed to be fairly universal but this color has never worked on me but I do remember needing to use more than their other colors. 

Honored Contributor

It's funny, I am a fair/light skin and own the Nars O liquid blush and I don't find it too light at all.  In fact, I am very light handed applying it.  I tried a powder sample of Nars O and the same thing. I just like a hint of color on my cheeks because I don't want to look too made up.  Since I am in my 60's less is more for me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm light and warm complected. Twenty years ago, when this was really in its prime, it's about all I wore. Then a MUA told me about Cargo's The Big Easy, which was a little more pigmented for my coloring. I switched to that. I don't even know if they still make it. Once I discovered Laura Geller's blushes (the "old" ones) I fell in love with them! DD finally tried it later on long after I stopped using it. She's extremely fair (Nicole Kidman) but cool. It just didn't do a lot for her, so she moved on. I remember she said she had to put more than one layer on for it to show up. 

Super Contributor

That blush didn’t do anything for me either. Funny that it’s named NARS Orgasm Blush, and we’re all like, “Meh, nothing special here, I’ve had better...” 😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might like the Nars Super O version better. That one is more pigmented than their original O and the Super O seems to give a better highlight and not as glowy as the original.  Both versions are buildable but the Super O is more pigmented and has more popping color.

eta - I love Nars O but it was too expensive for me to keep layering it on to get a good color to show up on me. It was too sheer so I decided to try the Super O and I am pleased with it, except for the price. I have since been on a mission to find a good dupe and so far I've tried these:

MILANI Dolce Pink - very close but still too sheer

PUR Polynesian Pink - discontinued but it was terrific while it lasted

Wet 'n Wild  Pearlescent Pink  -  waiting for this one to arrive, can't wait

There are a few more dupes that I can list if anyone wants to know.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

That blush didn’t do anything for me either. Funny that it’s named NARS Orgasm Blush, and we’re all like, “Meh, nothing special here, I’ve had better...” 😉

I'll have what she's having...

Honored Contributor

Not on my face!Cat Mad

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

This is a blush that I don't think would be nearly as popular if it wasn't for the name.  They are marketing geniuses. 

Not only does this color not work for me but the sparkle in it is just too much IMO.    

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I had bought a duo travel sized compact of NARS Orgasm Blush & Laguna bronzer. 

I find with my coloring (light with some pink undertones) that Orgasm needs to be built for it to be seen. 

Lately, I am using a sample of Lancôme Blushing Tresor blush. It looks similar to Orgasm with that subtle shimmer but it’s a darker more visible pink on me. Two swipes is enough for each cheek area. 

Just wanted to put it out there for those who want some subtle shimmer but  not a light pink blush like a Orgasm.

Does anyone find that using Orgasm, needs more of it to be seen?

@JustJazzmom  No. One light swipe of the NARS blush on each cheek on my fair skin is more than enough blush. If I use much more color than that, I tend to get that “Raggedy Anne” look.