Valued Contributor

Re: My son does it all wrong!

Personally I would not gift him anymore Wen, if you want to do something nice for him just give him money.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a guy, but I use Wen "wrong". I only do one cleanse most of the time--half the pumps, froth it up, let it sit for the rest of my shower--rarely rinse with cool water, and recently quit using it as a leave-in (just put in some styling crème). My hair is looking better every day!

So, yes, if he's happy with the results however he's using it, it's worth it!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Vermint. I didn 't mean to make so many people furious, but yours is just the information I was looking for!
Frequent Contributor

On 2/27/2014 Suzy from Ohio said: Thank you, Vermint. I didn 't mean to make so many people furious, but yours is just the information I was looking for!

it always amazes me how people on this board and the Wen (and Chaz's) Facebook page can get so uptight about a simple question and/or comment. I made a simple comment on someone's post about 2 years ago on one of the Facebook pages and people freaked out (they had obviously read WAAAAAYYYYY more into it and made it into something it wasn't); it was ridiculous and i couldn't help but wonder how incredulously judgmental they must be like offline too. not everybody on the boards and Facebook are like that of course but geez, some people seriously need to get off their holier than though high horses and get a grip.

Valued Contributor

My son tried Wen and I'm sure he used it in the same manly fashion as your son did. But he noticed his hair felt greasy and stopped using it. If your son uses it and likes it, then let him finish the bottle and see if he asks for more? In my opinion, it doesn't matter if the product is used wrong- what matters is what makes you feel good.

Otherwise, let him buy his own shampoo next time.

Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2014 Suzy from Ohio said: Thank you, Vermint. I didn 't mean to make so many people furious, but yours is just the information I was looking for!

I think several of us said the same thing- if it works for him, it isn't wrong.

Respected Contributor

You're welcome! Smile

Contributor

It sounds like you have a great relationship with your son that includes lovable humor. Lots of sucessful Wenners have their own way to use Wen, so if he is happy and his hair looks good, no need to worry. You could always roll your eyes at his sacrilegious Wen usage;-). And if your son doesn't like Wen, then your soon-to-be daughter-in-law will be gifted more Wen!