Honored Contributor

Review of moisturizing Spackle

Got it a few days ago -love it. Now i don't have to use moisturizer then spackle - instead just apply one product - eliminate a step.Skin feels moisturized all day.
Honored Contributor

Re: Review of moisturizing Spackle

I would be curious to see the ingredients. A good moisturizer usually contains good ingredients beyond just providing moisture and I don't think I'd be willing to give up all those other ingredients and forgo a moisturizer altogether for a primer. But again, since they don't list the ingredients, it is hard to determine if the ingredients are good enough in this primer to actually take the place of a good, quality moisturizer.

Esteemed Contributor

Someone posted the ingredients on another thread when Laura first presented this- and in terms of a 'moisturizer' it wasn't anything remarkable.

Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2014 ibb38 said:

Someone posted the ingredients on another thread when Laura first presented this- and in terms of a 'moisturizer' it wasn't anything remarkable.

hm I will have to try to find that thread. Was it loaded with silicones or contain glycerin? It seems like silicones are included in so-called moisturizing products to give the illusion of moisturization.

Regular Contributor

This is the ingredients list copied from the LG web site:

Spackle Hydrating Moisturizing Under Make-Up Primer

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Theobroma Grandifluorum Seed Butter, Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus/White Willow Bark Extract Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-75 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Steareth-20, Ceteth-20, Disodium EDTA, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38
Avoid contact with the eyes.

Honored Contributor

Well, Laura openly says that Spackle is silicone I guess we can assume it hs a lot of it - but I was simply reporting my experience with it. I am not a chemist and i couldn't care less what the ingredient list is - I just like that it works to moisturize my face. Sheesh!
Honored Contributor

On 2/26/2014 happy housewife said: Well, Laura openly says that Spackle is silicone I guess we can assume it hs a lot of it - but I was simply reporting my experience with it. I am not a chemist and i couldn't care less what the ingredient list is - I just like that it works to moisturize my face. Sheesh!

From the posted ingredients right here on this thread, it appears not to have any silicones, unless I'm missing one.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

This is the ingredient list that was previously posted when the moisturizing spackle was recently introduced. I wonder which one is accurate! This list has many 'cones' listed.

Water, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract (Mallow), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Honored Contributor

On 2/27/2014 ibb38 said:

This is the ingredient list that was previously posted when the moisturizing spackle was recently introduced. I wonder which one is accurate! This list has many 'cones' listed.

Water, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract (Mallow), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

so strange! Those are quite different lists so yes, which is correct??

Esteemed Contributor

Mesmerize's ingredient list came from Laura's web page- I'm not sure where the poster got the list they copy/pasted on a thread earlier this month..

To the OP- can you look at the actual product & confirm? It would seem odd that it doesn't contain silicones- I recall Laura mentioning silicones in the presentation.