Honored Contributor

Re: Mirofiber Cloths for Makeup Removal

Paper towels - really now, they are not meant for use on skin

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I don't use cloths for makeup removal.  My sister had to live with me for about 6 months at one time, and I quickly learned that she took off her makeup with cream.  She would put the cream on a white washcloth and then rub it all over her eyes and face and then drop the rag into the laundry pile.  I was shocked to see so many crusty, blackened rags in the washing machine and even with Clorox, the black mascara got onto other things in the wash.

I finally went to her and said "why don't you just use your hands and wash that stuff down the drain!?!"   Gross!

A paper towel would do the job nicely

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Microfiber cloths have no chemicals -- just a form of polyester and nylon.

Paper towels can even scratch delicate furniture, so you should not use them on your face.

I buy a dozen relatiely thin but good white face clothes on Amazon -- I think the brand is Sabo. They are wonderful. After my face is clean, I put the cloth in my laundry basket. I wash them with everything else. They and the rest of the laundry come out just fine.

I love microfiber cloths for cleaning, but I prefer cotton wash cloths for facial cleansing because they can be tossed in with the wash. Microfiber should ideally be washed separately because it attracts lint, which clogs reduces its effectiveness.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Paper towels can even scratch delicate furniture, so you should not use them on your face.

I buy a dozen relatiely thin but good white face clothes on Amazon -- I think the brand is Sabo. They are wonderful. After my face is clean, I put the cloth in my laundry basket. I wash them with everything else. They and the rest of the laundry come out just fine.

I love microfiber cloths for cleaning, but I prefer cotton wash cloths for facial cleansing because they can be tossed in with the wash. Microfiber should ideally be washed separately because it attracts lint, which clogs reduces its effectiveness.

I'm interested in those cloths @suzyQ3. I looked for "Sabo" cloths on amazon and couldn't find any. Do you think maybe they are sold out or maybe have another name? Thanks.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm interested in those cloths @suzyQ3. I looked for "Sabo" cloths on amazon and couldn't find any. Do you think maybe they are sold out or maybe have another name? Thanks.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee, the name is actually Salbakos. I was somewhat close. :-)

What I like about them is the high quality Turkish cotton for the price but also that they are not so thick as some quality wash clothes, which I don't want for my face. I am on my second dozen. I replace them every year or so.

They have 894 reviews and 4 1/2 stars. Here is the full name to look up:

Turkish Luxury Hotel & Spa 13"x13" Wash Cloth Set of 12 Turkish Cotton - Organic, Eco-Friendly (White Washcloths for Bath)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thank you @suzyQ3.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

If you use a cloth to remove your make up do use additonal cleaners or just let the cloth do the cleaning

Thanks

@I am still oxox

Huggies

I buy Huggies Natural Care Plus Baby Wipes at Costco.  Basically water, aloe and Vitamin E.  They take off my makeup and then I wash my face with a Paula's Choice cleanser and a Konjac sponge. 

Sometimes I just use the wipe.  Multiple purposes -- I even use them on the dog's face.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Right now I'm very grateful for them.  Broke my hand and had surgery Thurs.  These make it so simple to clean my face.  I'm not using much makeup just a little Bare Minerals, but these are so nice just to freshen up.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Right now I'm very grateful for them.  Broke my hand and had surgery Thurs.  These make it so simple to clean my face.  I'm not using much makeup just a little Bare Minerals, but these are so nice just to freshen up.

@brandiwine, ouch. I hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Thank you.