Trusted Contributor
Does anyone use one of those mini trampolines, I think it may be called a "rebounder" to exercise? I had heard they might be a good low impact way to move the body. I'm so out of shape and don't exercise and thought this might be a fun way to at least start moving! I wanted one with the handle to hold onto while "jumping".
Respected Contributor

I have a Bellicon.  It's fun to use and I love it. A friend of mine wanted one and found a less expensive model at Costco.  The brand name is Jump Sport and she really likes it. 

Trusted Contributor
@santorini, thanks! They are pretty small and come with the handle, right? I figure I need to start somewhere! I'll check those out online! 😃
Respected Contributor

Mine is 49". I do not have the bar that you mentioned but it is available for a separate purchase.  My friend said her Jump Sport came with the bar at Costco.  I think it was around $550.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mini Trampolines

[ Edited ]

Love the rebounder. Gave mine away when I started going to gym. Mine wasn't expensive. Easy to pick up and place in front of TV. Give it a try. Remember to move your arms around - great for shoulders. Wear shoes. I started out doing it barefoot and there was no arch support. Ouch. Wish I had one now. Grandkids love it too Man Happy 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

The handle is usually a seperate purchase.  Take it easy when you start.  It is harder than it looks.

Honored Contributor

Buy a good one...not a cheap one.  The cheap ones can be dangerous...springs break and  the base is not stable. You get what you pay for. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hooked on books 

Yes ,they are excellent.  Go very slow until you know your physical weaknesses.   Be careful and watch with your body reactions.  Get a excellent quality and safe rebounder.  Watch video's within your age range and realize you are a beginner no matter how good it feels.

Trusted Contributor
I know, I need to check with my cardiologist first. I just had a catherization done last week (which was clear) and I'm on a 30 day heart monitor now. Doc is trying to get to the bottom of my heartbeat irregularities and chest pain. I really want to get started on some kind of exercise but I know I need to take it slow. I'm a plus sized woman and want to make sure whatever I end up ordering will be appropriate for my weight. UGH!!! Before anyone suggests walking, I confess, I HATE walking. So many people really love to walk but I'm not one of them and I already know I would be setting myself up for defeat if I claimed I was going to start a walking program. I'm not a lazy person in general, I just hate to walk.😣
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mini Trampolines

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books wrote:
I know, I need to check with my cardiologist first. I just had a catherization done last week (which was clear) and I'm on a 30 day heart monitor now. Doc is trying to get to the bottom of my heartbeat irregularities and chest pain. I really want to get started on some kind of exercise but I know I need to take it slow. I'm a plus sized woman and want to make sure whatever I end up ordering will be appropriate for my weight. UGH!!! Before anyone suggests walking, I confess, I HATE walking. So many people really love to walk but I'm not one of them and I already know I would be setting myself up for defeat if I claimed I was going to start a walking program. I'm not a lazy person in general, I just hate to walk.😣

Used to love walking but had a meniscus tear and repair, walking has become a problem. My recommendation to you would be to get a stationary bike, easier and safer than a rebounder. Scwhinn Airdyn is top line and will last you forever.  Put it in front of a tv you will easily get in better shape.