Respected Contributor

Have you ever overdone this and ended up with sore, raw skin?  I had one from years ago and used it all the time.  I decided to get a new one; after using it I woke up the next day and my heels were soooo sore.  It hurts to even wear shoes.  I tried putting pain relief antibiotic on them and wearing the foot peds but they still hurt.  Any suggestions as to speed up recovery or at least pain relief?

Respected Contributor
I use mine all the time and love it. It's the only thing that makes my feet truly soft and smooth. It's easy to go overboard with it. I have had sore heels from it, but not to the extent that I couldn't put shoes on. Be careful!
Honored Contributor

@sparklestar,

Sorry you over did it! I did the same thing...more than once. Woman Surprised I also over -exfoliated my legs and they burned like a bad sunburn. I decided to get this gel cream and keep it on hand for my unfortunate mishaps. It says "anorectal" in the description but you can use it anywhere. A little goes a long way.thumbnail.jpg I put it on, wait 20 min then wipe off. Numbing lasts only a couple of hours so take some aspirin or other pain reliever. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee thank you for your suggestion!  I'll try and find that.

Honored Contributor

I get those big charcoal color emery boards from Sally's (that are meant for shaping acrylics) to use on my feet.    They are about 80¢ .......... and not as dangerous as a blade.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Ouch, I did that not so long ago. It took a long time for my heels to stop being so tender. I am more careful now for sure. Hope you find something to help! Good luck. 

Honored Contributor

Ouch! I hope you heal fast! Been there, done that - but not since I bought an Emjoi Micro-Pedi. I highly recommend getting one. It has been a wonderful tool for me.

Respected Contributor

After you heal from the micro plane, please take willdob3's advice on the Emjoi

I used the battery-operated one for a year and used way too many batteries.  Then, I got the electric version: faster, consistent results, and it worked in places on the foot that the other didn't.

works best when foot is dry...not after a shower.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Try using Skinn's Foot Fetish Balm, you won't need a microplane anymore  That's too dangerous to use. 

Respected Contributor

Emjoi Micro Pedi all the way, 2 years ago my feet were the WORST. Soft as baby bottom with no cracked or rough flakes, callouses are down to nothing now! Easy!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield