Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Re: wife beater shirts. I’m pretty sure in the movie w/ Marlon Brando where he yells “Stella”, he’s wearing that type of tank top. Having a senior moment & can’t remember name of movie. 😏

Streetcar Named Desire!!

Honored Contributor

I don't care if men or women show off their feet as long as they are clean, well groomed/taken care of feet.

What I don't like is armpit hair hanging out while I'm eating. Nope, I don't (male or female). Same with chest hair and extreme boobage. Which is why, even at the beach, when you come to the table to eat, you put on a shirt. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Shanus

"Streetcar Named Desire, A" Wardrobe test for Marlon Brando 1951 Warner Brothers / **I.V.

I've always heard those called 'muscle shirts'...or just tank tops. Never heard it called 'wifebeater'...what an aweful word and a graphic one at that.

might have been the '80s when they were termed "wifebeaters" because that's when they started being worn again and on the street. before that they were mostly just worn as undershirts?

Hot Men who were ripped and tan wore them with gold chains and medallions... they used to come into the bank where I worked. Eye candy

Honored Contributor

@VeneziaMany of us know what "beaters" are. That does NOT, repeat does NOT, mean we come from a background of wife beaters as you implied. What a nasty thing to say!

Honored Contributor

OK--let's be serious---NO ONES feet are things of beauty!!!! If a guy takes care of his feet, why shouldn't he show them off in sandals---I have been trying to get my hubs in for a pedi but he won't go. He is on his feet all day as a const. super and they are beat up stuck inside work boots. He would love the whole process if he could go somewhere manly-----

Super Contributor

There is a business idea if I've ever heard one. How about a men's mani pedi shop with tv's where the guys could watch sports and get their pedis and manis. The pedicurists and manicurists could wear referee shirts and the whole thing would feel more comfortable to the men than going to a woman's shop.

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

I have seen gnarly feet on men and women and it is SO gross! Honestly if your feet are gross please do us all a favor and dont wear sandals or flipflops!

Honored Contributor

If you think that's bad, I live in the hot southeast and every summer men wear shorts.

All ages, mostly knee length khakis.

So not only do I have to see ugly feet, I have to see their ugly, hairy legs.

Wear your sandals, flip flops and shorts in your own back yard.

Magnum PI maybe.

TomSellek.jpg

Respected Contributor

I don't worry about other people's feet, men or women.

Honored Contributor

Most of the men I know seem to lack the body shame gene. I envy them!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr