Esteemed Contributor

I was just reading the thread discussing toenail polish, and a few times the expression "man feet" was brought up in a derisive way.

Even if men take care of their feet and have pedicures, I still think that men should keep their socks on or wear closed shoes. I've seen nasty men's feet in flip flops which literally turn my stomach, especially in a restaurant where people are trying to eat. Along with wife beater shirts or tank tops, it's really not a great sight to see while eating.

Please don't think I hate men because I don't. I just think that there are certain parts of a man's body that should be covered, and their feet are definitely two of them.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

What on earth is a "wife beater shirt"?  I've never heard that expression, ever.

And men are ridiculed for wearing socks with sandals, so I guess that means they can never wear them?  Seems pretty harsh.

I can honestly say that I've never paid that much attention to other men when I'm out and about or especially in a restaurant.  Not unless they're causing a scene or particularly unkempt.  If I'm with a friend, my focus is on my friend.  If I'm with my husband, my focus is on him.

Respected Contributor

Venezia, "wife beater" shirts are the old-fashioned, tank-top-like undershirts worn by many men.

I agree with you, though, that such apparel (including sandals worn without socks) does not affect my appetite.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2- Thanks for the explanation.  I guess I don't come from a background of "wife beaters"  - thank God!  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: Men's Feet? Yay or Nay?

[ Edited ]

We've really got to stop attacking our fellow human beings as long as they're not attacking us.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Men or Women, toes can weird me out if not groomed properly.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Taking care of your feet is simply good hygiene. Men need to do it as well as women.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@insomniac2- Thanks for the explanation.  I guess I don't come from a background of "wife beaters"  - thank God!  Woman Frustrated

Like many many things you don't have to have wife beaters in your background to be aware of them.  

Respected Contributor

DH's profession keeps him on his feet for most of the day. He, therefore, has always taken very good care of them. He goes for pedicures with clear polish probably more frequently than I go for a pedicure. His feet are lovely!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

Re: Men's Feet? Yay or Nay?

[ Edited ]

@sunala

I just think that there are certain parts of a man's body that should be covered, and their feet are definitely two of them.

Really???