Respected Contributor

It annoys me.

Trusted Contributor

I see some younger guys wearing color polish, usually dark.  Occasionally I see men getting manicures and pedicures when I am getting mine.  I do not recall ever seeing anything other than clear polish being applied.

I'd rather see color polish on men than grease under their fingernails.

Honored Contributor

As long as my husband doesn't wear polish, I am fine with other men wearing it. 

Valued Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's a choice, it doesn't make him less a man. Do you wear makeup, if you choose not to, does it make you less a woman ??

I don't understand why a woman would NOT wear makeup, but that's my own preference.  My daughter won't and she says that she just doesn't care.  But that is another story.

I find men in makeup or nail polish to be very UN-MASCULINE.  Doesn't mean I couldn't like them, work with them, have one as a friend.  But I cannot see myself ever considering an attraction to it.  It says "girl" to me.

In this month's issue of "In Style," they have a feature on women wearing makeup but trying to hide they are wearing makeup.  Pretty silly considering much of their advertisers are makeup companies!  If you are walking the runway or other modeling, a woman looks completely UNFINISHED without hair and makeup done.  Goofy!

Hyacinth

I really don't think all men want to appear masculine, some do, some don't. 

Make-up does not make a girl girly or unfinished if she chooses not to wear any.

Remember when only women had pierced ears?  Now it is acceptable for both genders as are tattoos.

it was once against the law for women to wear pants 

We are all free to be ourselves and can identify as any gender we choose.  Times.. they  are a changing.

I am all for good grooming but I seriously doubt the average man really wants his gender to be all that fluid-

People generally Indentify as one or the other

Picking and choosing how you "identify " from day to day is a bit much...

Honored Contributor

@lbwshop wrote:

My husband has a manicure every two weeks, and often gets clear polish.  He takes care of the yard, the cars, does carpentry work,, whatever is needed.  No one has ever commented on this.  If he comes home with flaming red fingernails, I might be concerned.  

@lbwshop    @hyacinth003

Men have been getting manicures with clear polish for decades.  This is really nothing new.  It's nice when people have the clean, finished look of a manicure .... whether you are male or female.  No biggie, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Men in nail polish

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

It's a choice, it doesn't make him less a man. Do you wear makeup, if you choose not to, does it make you less a woman ??

I don't understand why a woman would NOT wear makeup, but that's my own preference.  My daughter won't and she says that she just doesn't care.  But that is another story.

I find men in makeup or nail polish to be very UN-MASCULINE.  Doesn't mean I couldn't like them, work with them, have one as a friend.  But I cannot see myself ever considering an attraction to it.  It says "girl" to me.

In this month's issue of "In Style," they have a feature on women wearing makeup but trying to hide they are wearing makeup.  Pretty silly considering much of their advertisers are makeup companies!  If you are walking the runway or other modeling, a woman looks completely UNFINISHED without hair and makeup done.  Goofy!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

Oh good grief ......    "Masculine" .... like "Beauty" ....  is in the eye of the beholder.

Remember the recent story about the company (acctg firm?) in England that came up with the crazy notion of requiring that ALL female employees had to wear 2 to 4 inch high heels to work because they are women and should dress like it?   Or something to that effect.  No doubt some clueless man came up with that one.

Needless to say, that didn't last long!  It created quite a firestorm.  LOL

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36265545

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/world/europe/high-heels-british-inquiry-dress-codes-women.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/women-work-dress-codes-joint-select-committee-report-finds_uk_...

Valued Contributor

Some guys on the Q wear makeup.

Trusted Contributor

Doesn't bother me except there's a guy where I shop for groceries that wears blue or black nail polish and has really long nails. That is very unattractive - he also dyes his long hair and wears lipstick. 

The mani on Dimitri didn't bother me - I think it looked nice. It wasn't over the top and outrageous. Just Dimitri being himself. 

Honored Contributor

I see a lot of men getting pedicures and manicures.  Most that I see do not get polish.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate