Respected Contributor

I watched a few minutes of Dimitri James selling his Skinn line.

He does dress flamboyantly, and I often like what he wears.  He's just able to look good in it.  Seems like his facial skin is getting tighter or shinier.

So this night I notice him wearing white nail polish, the White Out type.  I like a nice manicure on a man - the kind with buffed nails, not polish.

I just don't get why men want to wear makeup or nail polish.  I have not known ANY men who do it.  I live in the Chicago metro area, so I am not in outer Podunk of America.

I don't HATE, but I think it's WEIRD.  I prefer men being men!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's a new trend?  I imagine he takes really good care of himself and probably has his nails done regularly.  I do think maybe he's had some fillers in his face recently. 

Honored Contributor

It's a choice, it doesn't make him less a man. Do you wear makeup, if you choose not to, does it make you less a woman ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I use to work with a man who wore nail polish at work. One day the boss told him to remove it and to never come to work with polish on his nails again. 

Some people get offended or find it odd and don't want it in their face. I have no problem with it at all. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree....no nail polish for me, either. No makeup, no man bun, & no scarf perfectly tied around their neck (unless it's cold outside).

I prefer masculine men...old-school masculine. 

Valued Contributor

@hyacinth003 My nieces husband gets manicures and wears clear nail polish. She calls him a "metro-male".

According to Urban Dictionary - Metro-Male - A good-looking, fashionable young man who pays special attention to style and taste who displays the levels of care and pride in their appearance which is usually associated with women....

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Respected Contributor

Funny, on my TV it looked like  a pale pink..Doesn't bother me..I see men wear polish...I am in Southern California...like Dmitri..

I do not care formen with long, unkempt unpolished  nails, but that is more of a cleanliness thing...

Men should have a nice manicure, polish doesn't bother me...

Respected Contributor

Ya, "metro male"....means a man who is WAY too concerned with his appearance, has too much product in his hair, & spends more time in the bathroom than I do. No thanks. 

Honored Contributor

I heard Dimitri mention on Sat that he went and got a mani for a change, and he decided to get polish with a little color.

Regular Contributor

Please, I remember when Demitri sold make up on the old Shop At Home network and he wore white pancake make up.  The other day he was wearing a deep pink lip color.  He's unique.  He certainly isn't setting any trends for men.  Men who get professional manicures sometimes do get clear polish.