Honored Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond -?Unrecognizeable??

She's definitely had something done with her teeth and/or jaw line.  In all her earlier pictures, her top gum line was very visible; now it's not.  I don't know how it was done, but it changes the look of her face.

And, sorry to say, but to me her nose looks like she's had too much done.  (A la Michael Jackson.  Looks at those comparison photos.  In the newer one, her nose looks like it's collapsed a bit on her left side - but that could just be the angle.)

Too much cosmetic surgery, no matter what line of business you're in, is not a good thing.  We all know that people age!  Unless you're Dorian Gray.

Valued Contributor

I saw that commercial and did not recognize her. I thought it was Valerie Bertinelli at first.

Super Contributor

I just saw that commercial and didn't recognize her, except for her voice. It looks like her whole facial bone structure changed. She looks young and pretty and healthy, just not anything like her old self.
Frequent Contributor

I agree with OP. She looks totally different, but, quite beautiful. 

Super Contributor

Women in general can't win - and especially if they are a celebrity.

Age normally - are told by social media they look old.

Get plastic surgery - get told you don't look like yourself.  Why not age gracefully? 

lather, rinse, repeat.

Valued Contributor

@donovan wrote:

Women in general can't win - and especially if they are a celebrity.

Age normally - are told by social media they look old.

Get plastic surgery - get told you don't look like yourself.  Why not age gracefully? 

lather, rinse, repeat.

You are so right, @donovan.  Quite often I see articles on the internet showing pics of older celebrities - how they looked in their youth and how they look now ("See what they look like now!").  What is the point other than to induce people to think "Boy, they really aged."  It's brutal, and really sad when the surgery is a disaster.  Marie still looks very pretty, so I hope she doesn't go any further with it. 

Honored Contributor

I think she has always been attractive and still is. She is in a hard business always being judged. 

Honored Contributor

I saw the commercial over the New Year's weekend and knew immediately who it was, but you could tell she had work.  I do not understand why people do this stuff.  They look so fake.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I recognize her , But her face is shaped differently. Marie's face used to be fuller ,wider and her eyes were more wide awake looking . Now her face is narrower and eyes are not as wide. Her checkbook es are much more prominent as well. I don't get why she couldn't just met herself age gracefully . I never felt and she never came off as being so vain. I remember when she sold her dolls on the Q which I collected at the time , she was beautiful then I myself saw nothing wrong with her as she was. It comes down to its her choice and her decision though. So much plastic surgery that some people look nothing like themselves at all , like the Kardashisns its a real obsession. It's sad .
Frequent Contributor

Just watched the video and the shape of her lower face is very different and her eyes are less open, just not her natural shape. Unfortunately she is now a characature of her former self. I have just turned 60 amd am feeling the loss of youth but would not do that to my face. It would be disturbing to look at your face in the mirror and see something so drastically different, worse than seeing old skin. It is wicked that celebrities are not allowed to age gracefully.