Regular Contributor

Re: Mally TSV - who's buying and who's passing?

The foundation looked creamy and wet during the demos, not at all like a powder. The models do look very shiny in it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

Lately I pass on all TSV kits that contain foundation.  I have a foundation I like........pass.

I also pass on foundation TSVs. My reason is that the foundations are usually (99% of the time), very "off" in the deepest shades.  Mally said she wears the Tan shade.  QVC model Brenda was used as the Rich shade model, yet the photo they used for Brenda lightened up her skin by at least two shades!  Brenda looks nothing like that photo.  She was actually lighter than the Tan model's photo.  So thank you Mally for letting me know the Rich shade really has no golden deep hue at all.  In addition, Rose Petal Pink blush -- uhhh, not so much.  I'll stick with my Laura Geller beautiful shades; her TSVs work magnificently for me.  

I'm happy you have an alternative foundation.  

Thank you for noticing that Brenda, wearing new Mally looks like a ghost.  So did Alicia.  No one notices when their shades are included, that there are some whose shades are not.  AND where once Mally listened and actually produced Deep foundation in her mousse, deep is glaringly absent from ALL of her new product line.  This is  a clue to the position of the new owners , and par for the course for QVC. sad.

As an aside, the best product Mally ever made, IMO, is Poreless Face Defender.  Where is it now?  it's being peddled for exorbitant prices on Amazon and eBay.  The best price I found is $40 for a single at Ulta. That is near the price for the two pack once offered on the Q.  Not interested in "glowing"  with the pitiful replacement.  sad. 

Frequent Contributor

Pass!

Trusted Contributor

Tough crowd. Smiley Happy

Contributor

@LTT1 Thank you so much for the response back! I really appreciate the help and information! The information was very helpful to me! <3

I am sorry that it took me awhile to get back to you....we have been having some issues with the computer here....thank you so much! <3

Contributor

@beach-mom I want to thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it very much! I am lighter toned, however, due to medical condition I not only have the pinker undertones, but I also have some redness to my skin. I think that makes me look slightly darker in the face, then say everywhere else. I use to run fairly light until all of this happened....It is really hard to tell when trying new items....I have wanted to try Mally, but I always forget to go try and swatch her somewhere....and her last TSV has this foundation that looked amazing, however, I have never seen it in stores. If it is somewhere let me know where Smiley Wink I am on the fence.

I do want to thank you for responding back to me and apologize to you that it tool me so long to respond back. Recently, we have been having computer issues here - I hope this gets fixed soon because I keep missing out on some good things! Thank you for helping me today...and if you have any foundation advice based on the information I gave to you....just send me a little note (maybe it will help for next time if I cannot get to it this time) I would definitely LOVE to know more about Mally's line of cosmetics! Thank you for everything! <3 

(also, I am new to posting on here and I have no clue how to make my post fit right under your comment....if you know how I can do that too let me know Smiley Wink  I did not realize when I hot reply to you it was sending my message all the way to the end, lol maybe that is just how it works...I am a beginner Smiley Happy  )

Contributor

@LTT1 I am new to posting on here, so I just realized when I hit reply - it sent my comment to the end....I thought it would go right under your comment. I am not sure if I did that wrong, or maybe that is just how it is....I am a newbie to this Smiley Wink <3 again, thank you for the help! <3

Valued Contributor

He!lo! (Mally's line) Pass!

Honored Contributor

@PugMom5 - Welcome to the forums!  Smiley Happy

I had caved and ordered this TSV, even though I didn't need any of it.  I thought I'd give Mally's line a try.  After reading a lot of the comments though, I changed my mind and canceled.  I'm going to use up everything I have first and then try some new stuff!  I'm tired of the huge stockpile I have and so often the TSVs include things I don't need or want (like someone said - all the bags and brushes).

Honored Contributor

@PugMom5 wrote:

@beach-mom I want to thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it very much! I am lighter toned, however, due to medical condition I not only have the pinker undertones, but I also have some redness to my skin. I think that makes me look slightly darker in the face, then say everywhere else. I use to run fairly light until all of this happened....It is really hard to tell when trying new items....I have wanted to try Mally, but I always forget to go try and swatch her somewhere....and her last TSV has this foundation that looked amazing, however, I have never seen it in stores. If it is somewhere let me know where Smiley Wink I am on the fence.

I do want to thank you for responding back to me and apologize to you that it tool me so long to respond back. Recently, we have been having computer issues here - I hope this gets fixed soon because I keep missing out on some good things! Thank you for helping me today...and if you have any foundation advice based on the information I gave to you....just send me a little note (maybe it will help for next time if I cannot get to it this time) I would definitely LOVE to know more about Mally's line of cosmetics! Thank you for everything! <3 

(also, I am new to posting on here and I have no clue how to make my post fit right under your comment....if you know how I can do that too let me know Smiley Wink  I did not realize when I hot reply to you it was sending my message all the way to the end, lol maybe that is just how it works...I am a beginner Smiley Happy  )

@PugMom5 - You're welcome and welcome to the forums! First, in order to reply to someone's post, you hit the "reply" button on the bottom right of the post. Then the empty box will come up, and at the top right you will see a "quote" button. That will copy her entire post in the empty box, and you can add your comments underneath it. 

Did you end up trying the TSV? If not, because you're still unsure about the shades, you can wait until the reviews come in and pay a little more to get it when you're more comfortable. Mally's line is great - well I have high hopes. Her company was bought out and the new owners are changing the formulas. I've used her products for around 8-9 years and I have a lot. When QVC has a TSV, you won't see some of the products in stores for a while, especially when it's a new foundation, so it's impossible to swatch. Sometimes, posters have ordered and received it earlier and can tell the rest of us what it's like, but this TSV was kept under wraps until recently! 

There are other good lines here and posters will always help you if you see something you like. You might want to take a look at Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten in Porcelain - again another shade for pinker undertones that might work for you. What I like about that one is you can control the amount of coverage you want - anywhere from light to full. 

Please post if you see something and have any questions. As I said, someone will usually have it and be able to help. I've received a lot of help and good advice here! 

I hope your computer issues are better. It was nice "meeting" you! Smiley Happy