Respected Contributor

Makeup Brush Comparison.

[ Edited ]

For those of you that have Eve Pearl brushes, how do these compare with It Cosmetic Brushes with the Black Handles (which are the best quality)?

Any other brush recommendations?

Super Contributor

Re: Makeup Brush Comparison.

ELF cosmetic Co. Sell brushes at Tar get walmart and most retail stores for 4 to 6 dollars and are fantastic. ELF is cruelty free in addition offer brushes for every makeup application
Respected Contributor

@Fashionistasincebirth wrote:
ELF cosmetic Co. Sell brushes at Tar get walmart and most retail stores for 4 to 6 dollars and are fantastic. ELF is cruelty free in addition offer brushes for every makeup application

Thank you for your helpful response. I've had some ELF brushes and for me,  they just don't compare to the It Cosmetic Brushes with the Black Handle.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a bunch of morphe brushes. I love them. Jaclyn hill had a video of her favorite morphe brushes. It was basically a full face set. My makeup looks a lot better.
Occasional Contributor

I have just received the Eve Pearl TSV with 2 double ended brushes. They are beautiful and feel great. They even have a pouch to put the brushes back in.

I also have one of her larger double ended brush that comes with the liquid foundation. They are all shaped a bit different, to easily apply each product. I've been using them for my creams and my powders...This was my 2nd TSV, so i now have duplicate brushes (same ones), but I plan to use them for differnet things. I like that they tell you what they do and what they are for. Quality is one of the best.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have a foundation/ blender brush by Eve Pearl from Shop NBC ,now Evine that came with a kit years ago. I like the brush and since it's small I use it for cream blush. I also use It Cosmetics brushes with a silver handle from Ulta. Like them very much. I've never had any of the brush hair fall out from either brand. 

I use an It Cosmetics brush with a black handle for eye shadow and it also has held up well. I will say that the It brushes are softer than Eve Pearl's. 

Trusted Contributor

I love Eve Pearl brushes.  I have many of the it (the rubberized handles get sticky over time from the rubber breaking down a little.  Other than that they are some of my favorites) 

The Eve Pearl fan brush is no where near as dense and fluffy as the It fan.  This is by design, because Eve products are very saturated and pigmented, and the It fan brush would apply EP bronzer and blush in a clownish manner.  If you have very pigmented, saturated color cosmetics, I find the Eve brushes are best.

I own a couple of the flat-topped It cosmetics foundation brushes as well as the Eve Pearl 201 contour brush.  Though the bristles and density are pretty much the same, I prefer the Eve Pearl brush because the end is angled and I prefer using it to blend.  

Real Techniques makes great brushes too.

Super Contributor

I can't help you with Eve Pearl Brushes, but I can tell you I have VERY SENSITIVE skin so finding Really Soft Brushed has been my thing. I use the IT Cosmetics Velvet Luxe brushes made just for Ulta. I know they are pricey but I've gotten some from eBay. They are the softest I've ever come across.

Valued Contributor

Artis brushes are my favorite.  I haven't used Eve Pearl but  have used the It cosmetic brushes.  The Artis brushes are very dense in comparison and leave a wonderful finish to foundation and concealer in particular.  I think the finish is a result both of the dense brush and the fiber that they are made of.  They are an investment but well worth it.  I like the oval 6 and 7 especially.  If you look on their website they have nice videos showing how to use the brushes. 

libby's folly