Honored Contributor

Best mascara for THICKNESS not length; suggestions?

I'm looking for a mascara that thickens but does not add length. I've been using Revitalash and.....I don't need extra length. I know....shocking. What I HAVE noticed is that my lashes are spotty in places. In time, maybe they'll grow back (thinning hair, thinning eyelashes, thickening waist......). In the meantime, anyone have suggestions for thicker fuller lashes without added length?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Best mascara for THICKNESS not length; suggestions?

Used it a long time, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.

Respected Contributor

I've never believed all the claims made about mascaras.  It seems to me they're all pretty similar.  The biggest difference among them is the design of the brush.  I look for a brush that looks like it will coat the lashes while separating them and not depositing too much so that the lashes look clumpy.  After that, it's all in the application.  I consider most of the sales pitches to be lies.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy the YSL

Trusted Contributor

The IT superhero is great for volume as is Chanel Le volume and I am loving Maybelline lash sensational - 3 great thickening mascaras in every price range.  I love the formulas and to me, no, they are not at all the same.  Some are too wet, some too dry, some absolutely kill the the curl and staighten my lashes.  I love all 3 of these.

Esteemed Contributor

You can't go wrong with the Loreal volumous in carbon black. I hate the it super hero. The dang wand is to long and it is messy.
Esteemed Contributor

I kind of like Revlon fabulash.  I think you would need at least 2coats to get some thickening.  It doesn't clump and it separates my lashes nicely.  

Esteemed Contributor

Lancome's Hypnose Drama is a wow.  The formula is the closest they've ever come to duplicating their original mascara Immencils (which was a volumizing legend).  

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Lancome's Hypnose Drama is a wow.  The formula is the closest they've ever come to duplicating their original mascara Immencils (which was a volumizing legend).  

I loved Immencils; that was nice mascara.  Now I have to try your recommendation.

Respected Contributor

I love Hypnose Drama!  I use Definicils for a natural look or a first coat, but Hypnose Drama always is great.