Regular Contributor
Getting a makeover at a dept store for free. If I decide not to buy , how much would you offer the artist for their time?
Honored Contributor

Not sure they would take cash, they work for the make up companies, and they usually expect you to pick up a few things

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor
This person does not represent one company though.
Honored Contributor
On 2/17/2014 jobiz said: This person does not represent one company though.

I am confused then where are you having the make over done, if at Sephora they work for Sephora

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor
She is a manager of the cosmetic dept. at Nordstrom.
Respected Contributor
I think she'll really expect you to buy a thing or two. They work on commission and also have quotas. It might get a little high pressure.
Super Contributor

You don't tip makeup artists who work at retail establishments. If they are really good, chances are you will want to buy something only because a good MUA will find the perfect lip color or liner or blush that makes all the difference. Pay very close attention to the blush and lip color, those often are the key of pulling the look together.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor
On 2/17/2014 jobiz said: She is a manager of the cosmetic dept. at Nordstrom.

I wouldn't tip a Nordstrom employee. It's a service that Nordstrom offers its customers.