Frequent Contributor

I am 67 and would like to wear makeup again. It has been years. I have sensitive skin, few wrinkles, hate those lines by the mouth, combination skin.

No powders please. I like a light foundation, blush, and a concealor. Maybe a tinted moisture? I just don't like a heavy foundation 

Any advice?

Honored Contributor

Re: Make up advice

[ Edited ]

@Fionna    I wear Bobbi Brown fluid powder but it does not look like powder at all.  It is very lightweight like a tinted moisturizer.  As far as blush Bobbi Brown or I like Kylie cosmetics.  I like Laura Mercier Secret Concealer which is med. coverage, if you need heavy go Bobbi Brown.  It is best if you go to Nordstrom or Sephora to check out your options.  My suggestions you may or may not like. I am 71 and I do not like heavy foundations.  They have to be light.

P.S.  The best thing to do with high end makeup is sign up for emails and buy when discounts are offered usually 25%, 20% even 30% sometimes.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier has a tinted foundation in a tube called Moisturizer Oil Free Natural Skin Perfector that I really like!  I am over 60 with oily skin, but this works great for me.

Honored Contributor

I wear a very sheer foundation by Bobbi Brown with antiaging.  It feels like silk.  I never knew foundation could feel like that!

I find if I puff up my cheeks I don't have makeup settle in a wrinkle.  If you put makeup over the wrinkle, it will fall down.

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   I wore Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer for many years and then she sold her company.  Boy, did they screw up most of the products.  Whatever they did to tinted moisturzer I cannot wear because it oxidizes on me.  I was really bummed about that but I found Bobbi Brown fluid powder which is just like a tinted moisturzer.  You are lucky that the LM still works for you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I wear a very sheer foundation by Bobbi Brown with antiaging.  It feels like silk.  I never knew foundation could feel like that!

I find if I puff up my cheeks I don't have makeup settle in a wrinkle.  If you put makeup over the wrinkle, it will fall down.

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation

@ECBG   I love that foundation. When I Get a little more fixed up, that's my #1 choice. It IS quite moisturizing and plumping, but I don't find it too oily. Perfection! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Make up advice

[ Edited ]

@Fionna wrote:

I am 67 and would like to wear makeup again. It has been years. I have sensitive skin, few wrinkles, hate those lines by the mouth, combination skin.

No powders please. I like a light foundation, blush, and a concealor. Maybe a tinted moisture? I just don't like a heavy foundation 

Any advice?

@Fionna   If it's possible to get to a dept. store, Sephora or Ulta, it's much easier to find the right foundation...shade and type. A tinted moisturizer may not be enough coverage, but some foundations too heavy. If your skin is combo, a powder blush is your best bet, unless your cheeks are dry and then your skin would do better with a cream blush. 

It's a good idea to wear a good moisturizer to plump any wrinkles...around your mouth...and that may change your skin from combination to needing a foundation for more oily skin. 

Most of us have a difficult time finding the perfect foundation and every day makeup routine. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Sooner   I wore Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer for many years and then she sold her company.  Boy, did they screw up most of the products.  Whatever they did to tinted moisturzer I cannot wear because it oxidizes on me.  I was really bummed about that but I found Bobbi Brown fluid powder which is just like a tinted moisturzer.  You are lucky that the LM still works for you.

@Katcat1   I used the "old" LM tinted moisturizer, too and had that one and the BB....alternated. You're right, the LM seems different. It doesn't oxidize on me, but I think the shades are a bit off from the other one.  

Super Contributor

I like Bare Minerals Complexcion Rescue in the tube, it is a tinted moisturizer.  It has alot of nice shade choices.

Valued Contributor

@Fionna 

i have sensitive skin too.  I find using just a bit of lipstick tapped lightly on the cheeks makes a beautiful blush.  Interestingly, I have tried a couple cream blushes that my skin reacted to, but lipstick has never given me any kind of breakout or irritation.