Honored Contributor

Re: Make Up Free Movement.....

[ Edited ]

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm not really seeing it as a movement. It's Alicia Keys. Other stars might post an occasional selfie without makeup and Mila Kunis once did Glamour magazine without makeup. That's not really a movement to me. 

I already go without makeup more often than I wear it, (today is the third day I've worn makeup this year), so it's not a big deal to me either way. It's makeup, so do whatever makes you feel good. I'd rather spend more time in bed or eating breakfast most days, but other days I think makeup is fun and like using it. 

@ChynnaBlue, since Alicia Keyes has done it, many more have joined her.  I am only referring to as a "movement" because the way it has been described.  Since I'm not part of it, I can only go by that.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/entertainment/celebs-no-makeup/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/no-makeup/

They describe it as a movement, but that doesn't make it one. They also have 3 pictures of Alicia Keyes, and then 3 single pictures of other celebs who went makeup-free for picture. (And I'm pretty sure Kylie Jenner has makeup on in her picture from that first article. Look at her brow edge.)

A bunch of starts posting rare photos of themselves isn't a movement to me. I see media trying to MAKE it one, but I don't buy that it actually is one. When we see a red carpet where even 5% of the stars aren't wearing makeup or a time where 5% of celebrities show up on TV without makeup, I might agree that it's a movement, but it's not. 

This is not a movement, it's a moment, to borrow a phrase and reverse it.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Anyone so inclined to give up their makeup for this new movement?  

If this catches on,  the shopping channels,  except for JTV,  will be out of business. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I feel just as comfortable without makeup as I do with makeup. I love makeup, but it's always optional in my book. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm not really seeing it as a movement. It's Alicia Keys. Other stars might post an occasional selfie without makeup and Mila Kunis once did Glamour magazine without makeup. That's not really a movement to me. 

I already go without makeup more often than I wear it, (today is the third day I've worn makeup this year), so it's not a big deal to me either way. It's makeup, so do whatever makes you feel good. I'd rather spend more time in bed or eating breakfast most days, but other days I think makeup is fun and like using it. 

@ChynnaBlue, since Alicia Keyes has done it, many more have joined her.  I am only referring to as a "movement" because the way it has been described.  Since I'm not part of it, I can only go by that.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/entertainment/celebs-no-makeup/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/no-makeup/

They describe it as a movement, but that doesn't make it one. They also have 3 pictures of Alicia Keyes, and then 3 single pictures of other celebs who went makeup-free for picture. (And I'm pretty sure Kylie Jenner has makeup on in her picture from that first article. Look at her brow edge.)

A bunch of starts posting rare photos of themselves isn't a movement to me. I see media trying to MAKE it one, but I don't buy that it actually is one. When we see a red carpet where even 5% of the stars aren't wearing makeup or a time where 5% of celebrities show up on TV without makeup, I might agree that it's a movement, but it's not. 

This is not a movement, it's a moment, to borrow a phrase and reverse it.

@ChynnaBlue, yes I really don't care though.  As I said I'm referring to it the way the media is because that's all I have to go on.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Little Monsters and the world got yet another unexpected surprise when Lady Gaga ditched her outrageous style to reveal her "natural" self In the <a href="http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/07/lady-gaga-strips-down-for-harpers-bazaar/">October 2011 issue of Harper's Baazar</a>. She told the magazine, "Whether I'm wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I'm always the same person inside."

Gwyneth Paltrow also posted an Instagram picture of herself sans makeup in March 2014.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Singer Lorde posted a makeup-less selfie on her Instagram account in February 2014 with the caption "In bed in Paris with my acne cream on."

Talk-show host Bethenny Frankel<a href="https://twitter.com/Bethenny/status/432931745717960705" target="_blank"> tweeted a picture </a>of herself without makeup in February 2014. "This is my 'it's Monday' face, which looks very similar to my 'I'm exhausted and it's only Monday' face," she wrote.

Some women may take a "break" from makeup.  I've done that myself.  I do, however prefer to wear a little something particularly around my eyes.

These women above look fine with or without makeup.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I was a teenager in the early 60's.  Eye makeup was THE THING.  Let's just say I'm still stuck in the 60's I guess because I never go out without mascara and some makeup on, never have.

I don't care about what others think about me.  I care about what I think and I like the way I look wearing some makeup.  I don't think I look 'made up'.  I have adult daughters and they have no trouble telling me what they think.  If they thought I was 'over made up' believe me they'd tell me.

I think each person should wear whatever they want to wear.  A lot of these women on TV who are makeup free are just that...YOUNG and they have lovely skin.  Let's see what they are doing when they get old(er)....I won't be around though...Ha!

I never wear makeup at home and take it off every night, so my skin and breathe.  

This is an age where where should do what we want...go for it either way, I say.

Esteemed Contributor

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Why would I do that??!!!  I love my makeup and the time spent is my relaxing time and for me it's an artform.  I don't feel I have to wear it in case someone sees me (don't care what others think) but I do it for me to improve my skin with the skincare type makeup I use and to keep out impurities also.  Without it I feel yuk and my face will get red itchy blotches.