Super Contributor

Re: MY FAV LIPSTICK DISCONTINUED?

It is available on Amazon

it is available on

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Really do love this Clinique.

Love the pink Almost Lipstick because it is pale and doesn't come off in my mask (still lecturing in masks, sigh).

I'm in a similar situation but my mask is on and off. So far my trusty Lipsense has carried me through.

So I hadn't really paid attention to this in years! I remember walking through the department store years ago seeing displays. I did have it way back then, but it wasn't my favorite and I left it behind.

Hearing you all talk about it intrigued me. I went to Kohl's- with Sephora- to look for it. The mua pretty much laughed at me and said good luck finding it. But she did say they had 3 pink left. Now they have 2 left - LOL!

I didn't have any luck at Ulta. They didn't even have the pink. I got home and ordered it on Amazon.

My justification for buying makeup always is if it doesn't look good on me it will look great on DD! She is very fair and cool complected; I'm light and warm complected.   Smiley Happy

Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@gidgetgh   I found it and  ordered it in a set with the pink almost lipstick they came out with later. Check Amazon.

@Shanus - I did check Amazon.  They were offering the travel size only or one offer of a $40 full size.  So I just ordered a holiday kit from Clinique instead that had a travel sized Black Honey in it instead.  Rakuten was offering good cash back through Clinique's site.

I didn't order the travel sized duo of the Black honey with pink honey from Amazon because that product is already at least a year old.  And I'm a little weird about ordering from suppliers that seem like close out to me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh @Shanus @beach-mom @tessam + all

This weekend I experimented with black honey bottom lip, pink honey top—fabulous natural look.

Then switched top and bottom.

In the article about Lauren Hutton, she mentions using black honey but applying the pink in the center of the lower lip. Professional models are creative.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

This weekend I experimented with black honey bottom lip, pink honey top—fabulous natural look.

In the article about Lauren Hutton, she mentions using black honey but applying the pink in the center of the lower lip. Professional models are creative.

@1Professor   I love the Black Honey all over and the pink in the center, top and bottom...blend slightly together and lips look larger. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@1Professor   I love the Black Honey all over and the pink in the center, top and bottom...blend slightly together and lips look larger. 

@Shanus   Fabulous! Will try today (a particularly rainy day in the California Bay Area).

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Shanus   Fabulous! Will try today (a particularly rainy day in the California Bay Area).

@1Professor   You can use 2 shades for this "trick". Darker shades on outer corners and a slightly lighter one in center. The perfect pouty lips.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   

And who among us couldn't benefit from pouty lips on occasion!

handdrawn.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@1Professor   As we get older, lips may tend to be thinner. I use a nude lip pencil on the outermost ridge of lips (w/o over drawing the lip line), then do the "lip trick".