Contributor

There were many great women on here years ago that are probably still here.

someone mentioned Miracell for skin care.  No one thought of it because it was only for itchy and irritated ears.  I bought some for a skin problem, don't remeber what is was at the time, and want to try it again.

I have intense itching on my legs in winter. I don't have excema or psoriasis but the underneath itching would get so bad that I'd have marks and tiny scabs on my shins from scratching like crazy in the middle of the night.

I've tried evertything, seaweed lotions, oatmeal, curicell, cerave oatmeal and eczema, you name it.  The itching isn't as intense but is still there.

The price of miracell for 2 oz. is unbelievable now at $28.  I ordered a small amount for $9 to see if it works.

Does anyone use this with results?  And any other suggestions for itchy dry skin? Cortisone cream doesn't work either.  I even tried Capsazin to see if it would burn the itch out. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MIRACELL FOR ITCHY SKIN

[ Edited ]

@newme1 wrote:

There were many great women on here years ago that are probably still here.

someone mentioned Miracell for skin care.  No one thought of it because it was only for itchy and irritated ears.  I bought some for a skin problem, don't remeber what is was at the time, and want to try it again.

I have intense itching on my legs in winter. I don't have excema or psoriasis but the underneath itching would get so bad that I'd have marks and tiny scabs on my shins from scratching like crazy in the middle of the night.

I've tried evertything, seaweed lotions, oatmeal, curicell, cerave oatmeal and eczema, you name it.  The itching isn't as intense but is still there.

The price of miracell for 2 oz. is unbelievable now at $28.  I ordered a small amount for $9 to see if it works.

Does anyone use this with results?  And any other suggestions for itchy dry skin? Cortisone cream doesn't work either.  I even tried Capsazin to see if it would burn the itch out. 

I had a Dermatologist  recommend CareVe  antiitch formula or Sarna brand  . Both work well

Trusted Contributor

I would recommend Vanicream lotion and also to use soap/body wash without sulfates which strips oils from the skin. Good luck! 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Gold Bond makes an Eczema relief lotion.

It has oatmeal in it to help.

My skin is always dry but it also gets more itchy in the Fall and Winter months.

An Allergist recommended Sarna to me, too. I think that there may be more than one type. I think that it may contain menthol?

Honored Contributor

@newme1    Itchy skin is dry skin.  My doctor suggested Gold Bond and it works.  I purchased the body lotion and it immediately stopped the itching.  I had the same problem on one leg and actually scratched so much that I was bleeding.  This Gold Bond took care of that and you buy at the drugstore or Target or Walmart.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the Cereve Anti Itch formula, works well and good quality ingredients. I bought a couple of sample sized bottles on ebay to try, liked it and bought the full size. 

It contains 1% Pramoxine Hydrochloride as its active, you can research this ingredient before buying if you like, that is what I did. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  I have tried Gold Bond, not sure if anti itch.  Cerave yes and moved to the excema itch one even though i don't have excema.  I even changed to non irritating laundry soaps. My last is Cetaphil Excema with oatmeal.

The Vanicream and Sama I will try.  What I have noticed is fabrics I always wore are irritating me more.  Even the softrest ones make me itch.  I'm down to mostly cotton, which is disappointing.

Pajamas will state Cotton right in the title of what they are.  Then looking more I see polyester, rayon etc.with no cotton or very little  I honestly don't know how manufacturers get away with it,

Oh to be young again when something like this wasn't even a thought.  Quite a few things now.when you try to mature gracefully.  lol

Trusted Contributor

@ newme1, I've tried the Sarna lotion recommended here. It did nothing for my itchy ears and was expensive.  I've also tried Capsazin.  That was an experience in itself. Felt like someone was holding a lit match inside my ear it was THAT painful. Derm recommended it to "burn" off the pain receptors in my ears that was causing the itch.Let me know how the Miracell works for your itch. I feel your pain. My ears start itching costantly after dinner time and they don't stop.

Esteemed Contributor

Sarna and Gold Bond are very good anti itch lotions.

One thing I've found is you need to use lotion or cream several times per day to see the problem disappear.  If you skip a few days, it comes right back. 

Honored Contributor

If I get an itch, I use calamine lotion.  I use the cheap non brand pink bottle from the drug store.  I apply it with a cotton ball.  Works wonders for me.