Honored Contributor

MALLY TOO BULLET PROOF!!

[ Edited ]

My two TSV pkgs. arrived Tuesday. I tried the eye shadow sticks. Yes, three had way too much shimmer, but could have adjusted that. The issue? I had to rub the heck out of my eyes to get the stuff off...used my BB Long Wear Makeup Remover, a sample of Lancôme Deficils, even my oil facial cleanser was a challenge. No way will I torture my lids like that on a regular basis. There are other long wearing shadow sticks that do not require that much elbow grease. 

They each arrived in a separate package, bubble wrap lining and then another yelllow envelope inside w/ product inside a cardboard box. Went back to Q together in one bag. Come on QVC!!! Cut down on the extra packaging and waste. They could have been mailed in one envelope w/o the extra 2 inside envelopes. 

The shipping dept. does not make sense. All that extra plastic and paper for makeup, but I've received clothing crammed into a plastic bag like it was sent out a second (or third) time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: MALLY TOO BULLET PROOF!!

Wow.  I never had that problem with her shadow sticks.  I wonder what she changed in them.  I have used them in the past and was able to remove them with my regular face cleanser.  

I agree packaging makes no sense but Q isn't the only one guilty of that.  I ordered a face powder and gloss stick from ELF.  It came in a box a king size blanket could have fit in.  DH asked me what the heck I ordered and when I showed him he thought I didn't want him to know everything because there was no way they'd put that powder and gloss in that huge box.  But they did.  LOL    

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus , believe that's why Chaz uses Mally's bulletproof product in a demo for makeup removal. They refer to the difficulty in getting Mally's off, as you described.  "Bulletproof" just dissolves away with his oils.

Can't speak to it personally, as my eyes no longer tolerate any make-up at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Purity made simple on a campenelli facial microfiber cloth and it worrks for me. I also have had great luck with Bobbi Brown eye make up remover and Lancome eye makeup remover .

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge @Fressa @Lipstickdiva  My mascara and liner came off w/o issue, but had to scrub too hard to get the shadow off. I have BB shadow sticks and Laura Mercier shadow sticks...both waterproof, in fact use lighter shades as primer, no problem removing those with my usual eye makeup cleansers.

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus 

Wow, that's not the case for me.  I have tons of Mally's Shadow Sticks and wear a different color daily.  I wash all my makeup off with Purity and water at night before going to bed.  I've never had any problems removing the Shadow Sticks.  I don't have to use anything special for removal.

Agree with the packaging issues.  QVC & HSN do the same thing!  I recently ordered two door mats (one for the front door and one for the sunroom door) as I moved into a new condo.  HSN sent them in separate boxes!  Both of them could have EASILY fit in the same box.  Such a waste plus then I had two large boxes to breakdown for recycling.  There is just no need for that.

Honored Contributor

I have used these for years and they have always come off easily with Consult Beaute Charcoal Detox pads or maybelline waterproof makeup pads.

Honored Contributor

I get multiple items in the same package all the time.  Got 4 clothing items in one very heavy plastic bag this week, so this is not the norm.  There's usually a reason for them being sent separately like being sent from different warehouse locations.  

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I use Zero balm -- melts it right off, no hard rubbing.  Then I follow up with Purity.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I love how you described the clothing crammed into the bag.  So true.

kindness is strength