Regular Contributor

MAC Studio Fix Power on eBay?

I'm finding some really good prices, and some not so good, on ebay for MAC Studio Fix Foundation Powder.

If seems I might have read that there are some non-authentic copies of this out there.  Does anyone know if this is true? 

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: MAC Studio Fix Power on eBay?

I don't know about the product you're asking about but always check out the seller.  See how many negatives they've gotten in a month (6 months and a year) even if their overall percentages are high.  I get nervous with brand new sellers (they all have to start somewhere I know) and with sellers who seem overwhelmed with sales in the multi-multi- thousands.  I do check when they started, how many IDs they've had (history), and go back quite a few pages checking their feedback (what others are saying about them).  But they can open accounts that are not tied back to the account you see in their history.

I've sold on eBay since roughly 2003 and buy there a lot as well.  Yes, there are a lot of counterfeit items, but researching your seller well often excludes those who are in it for the quick sales!

Good luck... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I have gotten counterfeit makeup on eBay.  As a result, I look for sellers who have good reviews, but limited quantities of each item they sell.... For instance, they might have small quantities of several different items, all from QVC and/or other shopping channels.  Looks like they've stocked up on special deals, or purchased overstock items.  If a seller has large quantities of any item, I'm concerned that it could be counterfeit.

Respected Contributor

Mac is faked alot, so I probably wouldn't trust ebay to have authentic product. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you, ladies.  I will probably steer clear of ebay for this product.

Respected Contributor

I was on eBay one time and I saw the Anastasia BH glow kits for like $20. I looked at the reviews and they all said "fake items!" If it sounds too good, then I'm sure it's fake. You may find one at a decent price I guess, but I've personally never bought makeup on eBay. I just don't trust it. That's me though.